Skip to main content

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...21

Pros
Cons
2.5 out of 5 stars

electiric power steering

David, 05/26/2010
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just don't understand why the Malibu was built so cheap.I had to replace the I shaft twice and replace both inner tie rod end and bought at least three sets of tires. Why is that I bought the new Malibu because was tired of working on cars all the time, but guest what I still am. There is no reason for this. When my steering was going out I had to shut the car off to reset, unless I was driving down the road. This is a safety issue but the general motors will not recall this darn problem. Both I and my wife been fighting with gm but not response back to us. But I will turn this problem to nhsta. Some one needs to get this problem taken care of.

Also Consider
12 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Equinox
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

4 out of 5 stars

great car

vtfarmboy, 03/27/2011
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with about 20,000+ miles four years ago. I have been driving it daily ever since and other than a new set of tires had no problems what so ever. well almost. The gas tank sending unit was not working when i bought it. The dealer told me to set up a apointment to get it fixed i just never did it. That is not the cars fault. It drives nice and is comfortable for my commute. I live 45 miles from my work and it is quite good on gas. I average anywhere between 28 and 34 mpg with a V6 not bad if you ask me. It aint pretty, it isnt Hot but if you are looking for good dependable every day transportation that wont bleed you dry its just what you need!

Best US Car Ever

Carguy, 11/04/2006
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my '06 Malibu in the Dark Metallic Blue. By far the best US car I have owned. The only complaint I have is the lack of longer seat bottoms. I stand almost 6 ft and my knees hang over the edge. Not that comfortable. Other than that I highly reccomend it. The V-6 Is a great performer

European Car for American Car Price

Alyce, 06/29/2006
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I needed to rent a car from Avis they gave me the Malibu I kept thinking to myself "Why do I like this car so much?" After doing some research I noticed they based this car on the SAAB no wonder it has the Euro feel to it. I ended up returning the rental car and drove right to the Chevy dealer and leased a Malibu that day. I would have never in a million years thought I would like a Chevy Malibu but I really adore this car and kudos to Chevy for the design and value of this automobile.

My New Malibu

IROLLM, 10/28/2006
2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the car for a couple months, but it has been a delight. It's quiet, handles well, and the six cylinder engine delivered 36 MPG on a recent 900 mile trip. I've owned Honda's and driven many Toyota's and I have to say this car is equal to any of them. Plus, you save thousands of dollars over a Honda, and let's face it, I'd rather have my money up front and in the bank than tied up in the car and having to trade it in to get the money back. It just makes better monetary sense. Plus, it's nice to be driving an American car again.

12345...21