Used 2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Didn't want one..
By Mike

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

..but at 6'3" I couldn't fit in a mid-sized sedan w/ the center consoles. I am very glad to have stumbled on to it, bought 10 months ago w/ 55K. It is very comfortable and gets very good mileage especially on the highway. The 3.6 has a TON of power, especially on the highway in passing or merging situations. It is slightly more sluggish from stop signs than my 3.1 V6s were, but not a problem. It parks and turns as sharply as my previous mid-sized sedans. it's strong suit is out on the highway where is tracks like a champ and often gets over 30 mpg. The cloth seats are the best and most comfortable I've ever had. The suspension is a little on the stiff side, almost like a 'Sport' model. But it still has a good 'ride'.

'Ol guy loves it
By The Shadow Knows

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fused spine, so getting in is a little tough as the vehicle sits low. I've added "Blind Spot" mirrors to both sideview mirrors ; It helps a lot. This car will burn the fort tires from a dead stop; Acceleration is not a problem. The transmission does take a little to long in shifting from 1st to second. Likewise, it hesitates on downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. The 'air recirculating' button is hard for me to find without taking my eyes off the road. I've put almost 4k on it since I bought it. Rain, snow or ice has not been a problem for me in WI. The auto traction control works as it should. I'd to have fog lights!

2012 Chevy review
By Jim hall

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car

The Impala comes alive
By Hawky

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say, I have owned a few cars in my life and finally Chevy does something about making their cars great again. At one time, they were one of the best American made cars to own. But since the Asian auto makers came to America and brought their brilliant idea to the industry, its been hard to compete. Once again they have made a car that can compete, but will still need more improvements to their designs and develop a flawless design,or they will always be the underdog to the Asian market. As you all know, a Toyota engine and transmission can run forever, as long as there is oil, and with little maintenance. The engines are know to run up to 300 plus hundred thousand miles if kept maintained. This has been one of the American auto makers problems, most of the engines only last a couple of hundred thousand miles, and thats if its been well kept and built. I hope they will continue on their bettering of their cars, so we can continue buying them.

2012 Impala 6 speed transmission
By Steve DeWilde

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

AI understand that this is the first year for the 6 speed transmission. I am getting th transmission changed because something is wrong with the differential. I bought the car with 3800 miles on it as a salvage vehicle, it now has 60,000. I have always had full confidence in the GM line of vehicles, and still maintain this confidence. If you notice any excessive noise in the vehicle or shifting problems, especially at lower street driving speeds, this is what led me to get mine checked out. I would still buy a GM vehicle. I just wanted to let the public know that the new 6 speed transmission for 2012 had some problems to work out.