Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 727 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Loving My Equinox
By Jacqueline

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I truly love this vehicle. My Equinox is easy to control, drives wonderfully, very good on gas and it LOOKS good. I love all the room within the vehicle. And the features I truly enjoy, such as the DVD player, satellite radio, sunroof and the OnStar. I especially like the OnStar system, due to the fact that I know I'm protected at all times. The vehicle notifies you of mechanical problems.

My favorite feature is the sunroof. I've never owned a vehicle before with a sunroof, so I'm really enjoying it.

None

Love It So Far
By PaulR

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 1997 Venture for the Equinox. I wanted a more sporty vehicle, with adequate cargo space and AWD. I love the ride and the overall feel of the car. It drives like a small sedan, but has the SUV features. I haven't had to use AWD yet, but I am happy I have that feature available for next year's snows. It seems well made and I have no complaints so far.

Leather seats, movable rear seats, concealable cargo with shelf/table top. Having the table available for tailgating is handy. I love OnStar, hopefully won't need it, but it's good to know it's there. I also love my Laser Blue color.

Ability to easily position the rear seat headrests to get them out of view in the rear view mirror. I'd like to see a hybrid version to maximize fuel economy.

My Equinox
By Melissa

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Equinox. I get so many compliments on my truck. Its not a huge SUV. It seems to be just the right size. With the rear folding AND sliding seats, picking up a large item is not a problem. And with the front folding passenger seat, long pieces of lumber or the like, is a piece of cake! Avaible On-Star & XM Radio is awesome. I use my personal calling feature all the time.

My favorite thing about the Equionox is the adjustable rear seat. No matter what height your passenger is, they are also comfortable.

The plastic like interior creaks alot. And the cup holders under the armrest seem to interfere if I need to use the emregency brake when parking.

Love My Equinox
By Finique

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Equinox in my opinion is one of the best values Chevrolet has in its line of vehicles. For the money, You can't beat a 2005 Equinox.

I love the exterior design,love the leather interior, heated seats, The Equinox has all the features of a more expensive SUV.I knew I wanted to own one the firts time I took a test drive. It handles like a dream.

I am so completely satisfied with my Equinox I wouldn't change a thing.

Great Expectations
By Delbert Whetstone

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I finally found the Equinox at the price and equiped the way I wanted. It took about two months to consumate the deal.The Equinox was worth the wait, it suits my needs completely. I wanted a smaller vehicle ,yet with comfort, as I'M 6'3, it has plenty of rooom and a great ride. It'e fun to drive, very comfortable and responsive. The styling is a plus, makes you feel like your driving a futuristic SUV.My Granddaughter has her eye on it and said she would like to have it for her school car ,in about 4 years.I will pass it on to her because it has exceptionally good saftey features. Head curtians and side and frontal Air Bags.Plus All Wheel Drive.Also On Star,great security option.

Besides the aforementioned convience and saftey features mention I love the Xm Radio, such a pleasure to listen to great music while traveling.The seat options. The fold down seat options are great for hauling arranging yoir luggage.We also enjoy the room provided for rear passangers.

The driver needs a bigger and softer seat. The dash needs a better design, It's not very interesting.Optional Faux wood would make it more attractive and interesting.