Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE THOUSAND MILES PLUS!
By Love this car

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been amazing and owes me nothing. Excellent handling on the road, excellent steering and the responsiveness is awesome. It handles like a small BMW I have driven. We have more than 245k miles on this car and it is still going strong! We maintain it and it has performed superbly well. We have put in two clutches and only 2 sets of brakes. Had a coolant issue that was not a major problem and other than that the car has been extremely reliable. We have used it to haul kids back and forth to college and have packed it full of stuff. I don't want to jinx it but it has never let us down. If you take care of this car it will last. It has saved us a ton of money on gas since we bought it. Can't thank Chevy enough for making such a reliable and fun to drive car!

corvair and all small Chevy losers can rejoice!
By Cruze replaces Corvair

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i bought new 12-15-10; in 3 days flat, i realized i traded off a BETTER car: 2002 Prizm. this 'vehicle' just rolled over 85K miles. why so few? because the loser won't stay out of repair facilities to trust it for more than a 100 mile turnaround drive. the selling dealership LIED about a "guaranteed 3K trade in" and instead charged me full boat: with a whopping 1K trade in. the first day i drove it - old fashioned break in - when i got off the freeway, it started coughing/wheezing at the FIRST light! up to now, the tranny has FAILED 3 times; the engine less than 18 months ago, and NOW it is evidently leaking from the engine AND tranny seals onto the muffler pipe! yesterday, my nabor said she smelled gasoline...with the motor OFF!!! i have found only ONE competent Chevy dealership shop in Greater Houston and they are 30 miles from my house. i had a fender bender in 2011 because of the lousy visibility. a rock knocked a hole in the low line of the a/c in ordinary driving. i could go on and on but the bottom line is that this is the THANKS GM had for suckers like me who felt sorry they were coming out of bankruptcy and gave them a chance. NEVER AGAIN! next time they go bkl, i will be leading the parade: Hell NO! no more bailouts!

Please do not buy this car!!
By Camron

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Please, do yourself a favor and do not buy this car! I have had my 2011 LT Cruze for 3 years now and it has been nothing short of a disaster. Everything was great throughout the first 6 months of owning the car and then things began to go downhill. For the past 2 years, it has been in the shop almost every other month with problems such as oil leaks, engine overheating, and my A/C going out. I have been left stranded multiple times on the side of the road due to my engine overheating. At times, I have literally had to stop and get out of my car due to smoke coming out from under my hood. There is an awful smell in the cabin, such as if something is burning. Every time the car is serviced, it always seems as if the problem is solved until the same issues reoccur. With many different opinions, we still cannot get down to the bottom issue, there are just so many. This car is a lemon and after reading other reviews, I am not alone. I have always been a Chevy fan but I will never buy a Chevy again! Please please do not buy this car. Writing this review so that others do not have to go through this.

Worse Car I have ever owned
By Amanda

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in 2011 from Blade Chevrolet. Last Chevy that I will ever buy. By 2014 I had to get a new transmission that was $3,000 and by 2016 my head casket blew and then was undrivable without a $4,500 repair. Horrible car. I now have a Honda CRV that is the same year with a lot more miles. I have not any problems with my Honda except for tires, because of the design.

Never Buying Chevy Again.
By Paul

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2011 Chevy Cruze for 7 years. The first thing I will say is NEVER, EVER buy a car when it's the first year for that model. This car has been a money pit!!! I have spent over $7500 on maintenance and repairs, with a large portion of that being REPAIRS!!!
I even bought an extra extended warranty with a third party company. I am now having to pay $1000 dollars today for a new catalytic converter. I paid well over $2500 for that warranty and today I find that it's not worth CRAP!!
I am sworn off Chevy! I will never buy one again. I will go with Toyota or something else. If this review even convinces ONE person not to buy a Cruze or Chevy, my job is done.