Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best truck I have ever owned!!!

Ron V., 04/28/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Considering the price, comfort, and gas mileage you cannot go wrong with this truck. I bought my truck brand new and it has been excellent. I was skeptical to get the four cylinder engine, but I am glad I did. The engine is a direct injection that runs very smooth and saves gas. I have taken the truck on several road trips with excellent gas mileage. The biggest plus is the comfort. For a taller driver (6'2) the leg room is ample and allows you to stretch out. The rear seats are ok for space and comfort. The onboard computer systems are very user friendly and easy to navigate. If you are looking for a daily driver pick up, long trip pick up or even a weekend truck, then this is it!

Nice Truck But Too Many Issues For 3 YO Design

Everett in Cincy, 10/01/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought diesel powered truck as a replacement tow vehicle for my 2005 Sequoia. The first warranty issue happened 3 days after purchase. Be aware that there are conditions with the diesel that can cause the vehicle to go into limp mode and cannot be cleared without taking the truck to a dealer. Then the Air Conditioning unit started freezing up and GM has not been able to find a fix after several tries. This is a know issue with the truck. I suggest you take the time to read the forums before you purchase this vehicle. You pay top dollar for this truck but it is not worth it. I am in the process of exercising the Ohio Lemon Law for a buy back.

The Colorado 2017 Z71 draws a lot of second looks

Mike Oxley, 10/10/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Updated Review - 4/29/20 - I'm at 12,809 miles with the truck and all is well. No issues with the repair Torque Converter or anything else with the truck. Averaging a combined hwy/city mileage of 21 mpg. Still happy. Updated Review - 10/25/19 - I'm at just a little over 10,300 miles (2 years 2 months) with my truck and while I'm still very happy with the performance/ride/handling/features (25+mpg hwy) I need to update the Torque Converter issue. The rumbling/vibration showed up again around the 7500 mile point with the "new" torque converter so I took it back to the dealership. They confirmed the issue and told me that Chevrolet had finally determined the problem as being an issue with the transmission fluid and that the "fix" now is to flush the "old" and replace it with a new, higher quality fluid. Something about the "original fluid" having a moisture issue. So I took it in and had the fluid replaced (no charge/warranty) and, so far, everything appears to be OK. That being said the issue seems to occur every 3 to 4000 miles so I'm at the point that if it is going to occur it should start to show up. I want to also comment that the Seacoast Chevrolet, NJ Service Department has been exceptional in their help and support for this problem even though I didn't purchase the vehicle from them. As I mentioned earlier I'm still very happy with this truck and will purchase a Colorado again when I'm ready to trade this one in. Updated Review - 10/25/18 - I've had the truck around 13 months with 5235 miles on it so far. Everything remains the same (regarding my previous comments/likes) with the exception of a problem that developed with the Torque Converter that showed up around 4500 miles (causing a "rumbling/vibration" around 45-55 MPH while under acceleration). Apparently this is not an unknown problem, i.e., Chevrolet has a bulletin out about it. I will give full credit to the dealership (Seacoast in NJ) and Chevrolet for promptly fixing the problem (replaced the Torque Converter) and covering the issue fully under warranty. The problem appears to be completely resolved; will continue to monitor. I'm still a very big fan of this vehicle and still recommend it highly. This issue was a minor "speed bump" which can happen with any vehicle. Updated Review - 4/20/18 - I've had the truck for a little over 7 months with around 3100 miles on it so far. Everything that I said before still applies, i.e., I'm still very happy with my choice. Since my last review I did have the opportunity to make use of the 4-wheel drive in a 6-8" snow event and was very happy with how the truck performed. I felt fully in control at all times and happily passed several "spin-outs" that other people incurred. Please note that I DO drive very safely and don't attempt a lot of things I may have tried in my earlier years. My only regret about the truck, which is minor, is that if I had to do it over again I'd get the 6' bed. The 5' bed works for 95% of what I haul but occasionally having that extra foot would be nice. I don't like driving with the tail gate down, too many safety issues. Since my first review I've "adapted" to the side step bars and have become very comfortable with using them. Other than that I'm very happy and still receive a lot of positive comments about the looks of the Colorado Z71 and it's features. Initial Review - I've only had the truck for about a month and so far I'm very impressed regarding the technology innovations included in the Z71 model with the premium interior/entertainment center. The V6 3.8L engine (w/8 Speed Trans) is surprisingly agile with a lot of torque while still getting impressive gas mileage. I only have about 700+ miles on the truck so it's not even broken in yet I'm averaging 25+ miles per gallon for hwy driving and around 21+ for a mix (please note that I'm taking it "easy" during the break in period). The Bose sound system is excellent along with the media center options. I'm still getting the hang of the voice interaction system which is a bit complicated regarding how/when different commands work. It helps to be slightly techie with this part of the package. My only two very minor detraction's involve the side step bar and the manual door lock/unlock buttons. The side step bars are handy for getting in but for some reason don't feel comfortable when getting out. This is my first truck with the side step bars so I probably need to get used to them but I'd suggest that anyone looking at this as an option try them out at the dealership. Regarding the door lock/unlock buttons they are placed high up in the door handle area while I believe they should be by the window controls. Instead they have placed the "child lock" controls there which is a bit of a pain. Otherwise I'm very happy with Chevrolet and the innovations/features that they are now offering with the Colorado model and would highly recommend anyone to take a look at this offering.

Lemon

Patty B, 02/06/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

At 9k miles this thing overheated and had lost all fluid. The dealer told me a temperature gauge was replaced. At 18k miles it happened again. Was told the water pump had to be replaced. 4 days later it's shaking, check engine light is back on, and I received an OnStar alert that there's a problem with the emissions system. Complete garbage!!!!!

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

CLIFFORD MOORE, 10/15/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This auto has preformed above expectations. Great diesel engine, mpg above 30 . Comfort and ride is very good.

Nice Truck

OleMiss, 11/16/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a crew cab, V6, LE version, and I really like this truck. I waited for the 2017 because I wanted the newer engine and 8 speed transmission. I have the 18" wheels and it sits high enough for me that I put running boards on it to make it easier for my height challenged wife and I to get into. I also put an Undercover hard tonneau cover, hitch, and bed mat. The truck is silver and already has lots of black so I got a black tonneau cover and it looks good. The truck rides very nice on the highway and is quiet. I get 21 in the city and 25 on the highway (I would get better if I slowed down). When I go 55-60 and I consistently get 28MPG. The larger backup camera makes it a breeze to back up to the trailer or gauge the distance to things. I don't tow a lot, but have towed a 5,000 boat, small trailers, a couple 5x8 and 6x12 U-Hauls, and it readily pulls them along with no problem. I do not need a big truck, and I wanted a truck that fits into my smaller garage. This fits the bill perfectly. I have always owned small and large trucks since I was 16. I've had Toyotas, Nissans, Datsun, Fords, Chevy Luv, 3 Chevy Full size trucks. Before I bought this I test drove, a Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Tacoma, and Nissan. The Honda was perfect, but wouldn't tow the boat. The Toyota may be a great off road truck, but its road manners were awful, and they are just so underpowered. The Nissan was OK, better equipped and cheaper, but it just needs to be refreshed. When I weighed all the options, the Colorado fit the bill nicely. If you don't need a full size pickup, then this is a great alternative to a full size truck. Now, I just have to get my daughter to return it because she loves it.

Unreliable

Larry Slater, 06/11/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the 2017 Colorado Z71 in Mar. 2017. First long trip was pulling my 17' travel trailer from Utah to Alaska, 7000-mile round trip with no problems. Truck pulled the 4000# trailer adequately. Trip #2 was from Utah to the North Carolina coast a year later. All was fine until approximately 10 miles north of Branson MO. and 19000 miles on the truck when I started hearing the unmistakable rear end whine which got worse as I got closer to town. I looked up the local Chevrolet dealer the next morning, they got me in same day. Service writer said it was just tire noise, but they would check. They found everything in the rear end needed replaced. With no parts on hand and it being Friday of a holiday weekend I was "stuck" there until Wednesday when they got all the parts and got everything back together. Back on the road with no problems. Trip #3 was pulling the trailer from Utah to Black Hills ND. Walked out of the grocery store and happened to glance at the front tires, they were badly worn. Returned to Utah, took it to the dealer where it was purchased. I was told the tires were over inflated...the on-board tire pressure monitor had never indicated any problems nor had the monthly reports from GM alerted of a problem. The truck has only been serviced and had tires rotated by that dealer. If the tires were over inflated it would have been by them but of course that couldn't be the case. So, at 30000 miles I had to spend $800 on tires. Trip #4 pulling trailer 280 miles from northern to south eastern Utah. This time check engine light came on at approximately 33000 miles, stopped at an auto parts store, their box indicated crank shaft sensor malfunction. Next morning went out to take it to the dealer and the engine light was off, took it in anyway, they said they couldn't find any stored codes, nothing they could do. Next day we went touring and about 60 miles or so the light came back on, called the dealer and asked if we should tow it in. No, he said it probably would be ok to drive it back, I made another appointment for the following day. Of course, the light went out again so appointment was canceled. Drove around a couple more days then headed home, light came back on part way home, found another dealer. They checked and determined that the sensor needed replaced but they didn't have one in stock but they indicated it would be ok to drive it home. So have an appointment with yet another dealer to get it checked out. I don't feel this truck is reliable and would get rid of it tomorrow but it isn't worth anything. I will always be waiting for the next failure.

High Efficiency

High Pockets, 08/19/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am 6'5" and love my Colorado. I bought the 2017 with Diesel Engine. After 12K miles, I must say I love my truck. The leg room for a tall guy is great and the ride is comfortable. We recently drove round trip from Dallas to Chicago and averaged 32+mpg. I left the trip meter on through several fill ups recently and after 3K miles averaged 30mpg. The efficiency is very nice. I also had the sound system upgrade package and must say it is worth it. My wife is getting tired of strangers and friends wanting to talk about the truck..... but she did admit the road trip comfort was great. I do drive conservatively so I haven't tested the power that much. A time or two I had to move fast and was pleased with the result. Getting great deal on diesel will be tough since there are not so many of them. However, I think paying more has been worth it.

Driven like never before.

Pat Culleton, 01/27/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Out of the man trucks I've owned this is by far the most exciting and wonderful driving. You save over buying a silverado so get all the options you can, they just add to the great driving experience. I really wish I could have had the colorado when my late wife did her bucket list. Every time I get in and drive this colorado I'm amazed and in awe of every part of the colorado. Thanks Chevrolet. This is my second colorado, went from extended cab 4 cylinders to 4 door crew v6.

Nice truck for older couple (70's)

Roy, 06/25/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought this truck new. It looks nice with clean lines. Wife likes it because it sets her up higher to see down the road (we had a car). Handles really well. We got it to be able to park in the current size parking spaces. We have a 2500 HD long bed in which we pull our travel trailer with but it became real to find and get in to and out of the businesses parking spaces. Works well for that reason. We have pulled our 20 foot ski and fish boat and it pulled it well. Unloaded and loaded on some steep boat ramps with no problem. The main reason I did not give it a 5-star rating was after we purchased it, we found out it did not have a CD player. We got the best entrainment package available and never gave it thought of not having a CD player. Wife likes to listen to her religious and Christmas CD's. Now we have to down load the CD's on to a flash drive and plug into one of the USB ports. Like other have said, I will let you know for sure how well we like this truck in ten years. Otherwise, at the this moment, we both like it. Also, Bose sound system really sound good in the truck.

Love it, but with issue!!!

P. Luce, 12/20/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Still getting to know her, 6 months on the road but had to bring it for that bad torque converter issue, seems to be well known by GM. They did that multiple tran. flush 5 months ago, but the shudder re-occurred and last week they had to replace the bad torque converter. I hope that solves the issue but we will see. Love the power, handling, seams to have a decent ride, and overall I like the interior and body style. I had several people comment how nice it looks. I find the driver seat a bit uncomfortable. I got the work truck crew cab model to save some bucks on a few accessories, but wish now I spent a few extra dollar to get remote mirrors controls rear window defroster, etc. I think the mileage is as expected, road mileage is good but I drive it mostly in the city. I added a few extras, a tool box and step side running boards, makes it look really nice. But I am very concerned about the transmission issue, hoping it will not rear it's ugly head again.

Shaking

Jerome, 08/03/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have 7 of these trucks in our fleet and 5 of them have been at the dealership for shaking st highway speeds. They even changed the drive shaft on one and rebuilt the rear end on another. The engine performance is very nice but the transmission will send you to the chiropractor. My neighbor has a 2016 Z71 and he cannot drive it on the highway because of the shaking. Chevy really needs to look at this problem, we will be looking at the new Ranger when released.

Catchy Title

Jim Spear, 06/08/2017
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Wanted a truck with no real frills, but was surprised by the work truck features. Very happy over-all. Hey survey writers - kind of hard to judge reliability, maintenance costs, and resale values of a new vehicle - ask me again in ten years.

I love my little Colorado!

RebelsWingman, 05/09/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In the beginning, I researched the Colorado with the diesel option. From late 2015 until March of 2017 I looked for any information about this truck that I could find. I ended up in March of 2017 purchasing a black 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab, short bed, four wheel drive with the diesel option. I have had many positive comments from total strangers, it's a real head turning pickup. The driver information center tracks constant 50 mile loops as for fuel mileage, I have turned in my highest mpg of 33 miles to a gallon. I chose the diesel option because I pull a 19 foot, center console, deep V fishing boat behind it. It handles the boat and all my belongings very nicely. I will have to admit that I have gone with an aftermarket tune and cold air intake for the truck, it has increased horsepower by approximately 60 horses and 100 foot pounds of torque. As for the cons; price is too much, warranty is too short, and at this price there should be rear seat ventilation. But overall, I love my little Colorado!

Junk

Tom, 10/22/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought my 2017 Chevy Colorado new in 2017. Love the look and the way it drives, when it’s not in the shop! After 6,000 miles, the bearings in the differential went bad. After 7500 miles, the torque converter, major shuddering. After 8500, the bearings in the differential, again.

Nice Truck

OleMiss, 05/16/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the 2WD, Colorado LT Crew Cab with the V6 and the eight speed automatic transmission. It's a short bed, but couldn't find the option on the review choices. I have in the past owned full size and compact Toyotas, Fords, Nissans, Mazda's, and even an old Chevy Luv truck. I test drove the Ridgeline (3,500 towing), Tacoma (under powered/uncomfortable) , and Frontier (dated/gas mileage) before buying this truck, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I noted what drove me away from the other trucks. I also only looked at smaller trucks because I didn't need a full size truck. I have had the truck for over two years now. I have had zero problems. I just finished towing a 6-12 U-Haul trailer that was loaded full. I towed it about 500 miles, and it handled hauling very well. I do like the tow haul mode. Even when I was pulling it uphill, it would easily increase speed if required. I got 15 mpg hauling the trailer, but I normally average about 22 mpg in mixed driving. I measured this by leaving my trip odometer tracking the mpg's from one oil change to another. On the highway I get around 25 and the city around 20 in the city. I go about 5000 miles between oil changes. I have also hauled my friend's boat that weighs around 5,500 pounds, and it easily launched and pulled his boat out of the water. That's something his base Dodge full size truck struggles to do. So far, I really like the truck, but it is hard to get away from my adult daughter. She is always using it, and doesn't want to give it back. The truck handles very well and is quiet and comfortable on longer trips. My whole family is height challenged, and can easily reach anything I need to do. I noticed at stop lights that the truck sits higher, and is about as long as, many older full size trucks. I have the 18" wheels, so I put some running boards on the truck to help us to get in and out of the truck. Overall, I can't knock anything about the truck. If you don't need a full size truck, this is a great choice. It's easy to maneuver, park, get better gas mileage, and it does 90% of what a base full size truck can do. I think that Chevy hit a home run with this truck.

Drives great, quality suspect, interior poor

Mr. R D, 10/12/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

PROS: Handling and driving is smooth, comfortable and car-like, nicest driving truck I have ever owned (out of Toyotas and Fords). The exterior is a head turner. Stereo is fantastic, loud and full, sounds great. 8" touchscreen is nice and very responsive (unlike Ford's sync which is slow and laggy), but is just average, no big bells & whistles & menus can get a little deep and hard to set up items. CONS: On-Star is a joke and most features look to be worthless if you don't pay the On-Star subscription. To use On-Star navigation, you have to call them and tell a rep over the phone where you want to go. There is no map, only an arrow and a mileage countdown before a turn...a little bummed out I didn't get a real nav system. I let On-Star cancel itself because it sucks. Carplay & Google drive are also worthless & too much hassle to use. The back-up camera does not have an audible tone to warn you of distance to an object, only gridlines. The "dial" for 2wd & 4wd is in an awkward spot to the left and below the steering wheel. The worst is probably the interior, (even on the Z71) which is filled with cheapest plastic panels, handles, knobs & trim. The eyeglass holder and seat controls feel like they will break due to the thin plastic. The gray interior color on the seats looks more like a blue color, so you get a bluish on gray and black interior...funky. Interior design is ridiculous. With a compact truck, storage and use of space is everything. Every single cup holder is ridiculously small. The door pockets are USELESS, unless you are storing lipstick or pencils. The cup holders in the door are too small and angled weird so any drink you place in it is angled forward. Rear under seat storage in the crew cab is dismal. Why could they not make it a "box" like so many aftermarket storage systems? Speaking of, there are no aftermarket underseat systems available like the full size trucks. Interior lighting placement is bad. Power seats are limited to how you can position them. The key fob and ignition key are two different pieces (why can't the key be integrated into the fob like everyone else?). Quality: Had lots of loose and or broken trim pieces on both exterior and interior that needed to be replaced upon delivery of the truck from the factory (window control housing, fog lamp trim, wheel well trim). Within first 200 miles got DEF warning lights about the diesel fluid quality and warnings that the vehicle would be restricted to 65 MPH max if the problem was not resolved....I was in the middle of the desert..... At 500 miles the transmission would not shift beyond 3rd gear. Dealer claims a manufacturing defect/metal shavings stuck in the valve body. For a small, $36k+ truck, I would expect way better interior quality, standard options and quality control overall. Not even LED tail or headlights. After a year and almost 6k miles, I am still disgusted with the cheap interior and lack of interior storage. Also wish I had a little more cabin room. Probably should have gone with a Silverado, but I wanted the fuel economy of the diesel. Still only getting around 21 mpg combined. My driving situation changed from daily long freeway hauls to short around town driving right after I bought this truck :-( so I am not getting the fuel economy I was expecting/needing when I purchased this. In short, I feel a little ripped off with the quality/features vs price. After reading reviews I am worried at what is waiting for me down the road and a few more miles with this truck after it is out of warranty. Will most likely pass this truck off to one of my kids and get something else in a few years.

Great so far -- But it's brand new

Matthew White, 06/16/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love the pickup. But it's brand new so I can't really comment on reliability or anything significant. Storage is an issue. I wish there were more or deeper compartments in the back like what you see in some Silverado models. A bed compartment like what is on the Ridgeline would be great as well. But that's an issue with most pickups and it's closer competitor, the Tacoma, doesn't have those either. I didn't think the Apple Car Play would be all that important to me. But now that I have it, I use it a lot and wouldn't dream of not having it -- especially in CA where handling your phone while driving is now a legal issue. Acceleration doesn't seem that impressive by the feel of it. But it's really just so smooth that I hardly notice the acceleration. I find myself going 70 when I think I'm only going 55 as I'm trying to merge onto the freeway. So it's probably good even if not really impressive. Haven't towed with it yet.All in all, I love it. If I still love it in 10 years, then I'll feel more comfortable giving it 5 stars.

So far so good

Nel M., 11/06/2017
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I recently purchased this truck. I have done some light off road but for the most part, it's on the pavement as a daily driver. I'm still getting to know the truck but so far so good!! Here are some things I wish the truck had: 1. Rock sliders that are attached to the frame and instead of the body. I also wished the sliders protruded out so they can double as steps. 2. It would be nice to have a 110v power outlet and an on board air compressor. 3. A power sliding rear window. 4. More anchor points in the truck bed. 5. More grab handles!! The driver does not have a grab handle on the A pillar. I would like to have one to use getting in the vehicle. Passenger grab handles about the windows would be nice. 6. A better blind spot mirror in the driver side. The passenger side could also use one. 7. Provisions for auxiliary light switches for ADDITIONAL off road lights. The one button incorporated in the rotary knob for the head lights is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL! It's a joke! 8. Accessories that are compatible with the light bar that is bolted to the truck bed. Because of this light bar, I can't install a tool box or tonneau cover . These little things would make this truck more utilitarian and better than most.

Disappointed

Bob D, 10/27/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Transmission shudder 3 times in 10,000 miles didn't pay$ 46,000 for a midsize truck that was in the shop more than i drove it , the ZR2 is a awesome looking truck but very disappointed after the 3rd time had to get rid of it gm can kiss my ass. Owned gm trucks for the last 15 yrs that one was my last.

2017 Colorado z71

Bill, 10/17/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Third time my truck is in the shop for transmission shudder. This time to replace the torque converter. Just turned 5,600 miles. Dealership told me this most likely will not solve the problem as they have seen them returned. Yeah that makes you feel proud to own a Chevy Colorado, only thing going through my mind is to unload this truck the day it comes out of the shop. New truck that I actually loved and babied that to me now is GM trash. Dealership mentioned that maybe after the first of the year they may have a fix. Yeah ok in the mean time I guess it’s the customers choice to keep driving and shaking till more serious issues arise when the warranty expires it appears.

Great Truck with 2 minor issues...

JS, 12/15/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great truck all around-mostly satisfied for now. I’ve been driving 90% of the time in the city and getting around 19mpg. I bought the truck in October 2017. I came from a vehicle that had push button start and keyless entry...taking some time to get used to the old way of having to get the fob out of my pocket to unlock and insert to start the truck. I admit that’s probably a bit picky but for a 38K truck in 2017...why? The 2nd issue is the nav screen...it worked correctly for a week and then on the map screen everything shifted up 1/4 of the screen. (So it’s cut off...can’t see the whole map) I took it in to get it checked out and was told it’s probably a software update issue but that my truck was up to date. “Check back at your first oil change” :/ I’m about a month away from needing that soooo we shall see. Overall: I’m very pleased, it’s checked off all of my boxes for a mid size truck.

2017 Z71 3.6 direct fuel injection 8 spd 4 wd crew

Dennis, 08/10/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Down sized from 1500 Silverado 4 wheel drive crew. Was amazed with smooth and quiet ride. As good as the Silverado. Only have 2500 miles on it and average 25 plus mpg. Bose sound system with nav, heated seats. I'm 6' and leg room is no issue. Will definitely buy again.

not a nissan/traded off in 3 wks only 423 miles

pam, 01/25/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

we have now owned 4 nissan frontiers,. we bought the 2017 colorado dec 28, 2017 crew cab. after owning it for a week with less than 100 miles check engine light came on. had to have purge valve replaced. cab keeps fogging up, seats were not comfortable, my husband did not care that you could not tell if you were in 4 wheel drive unless in a dark room at midnight with the lights off to even see the little dot to show what you are in. the nissan shows the 4 wheels in the dash. he did not like the sound of the engine or transmission but reading the manual i guess that is the way it is. he also does not like the gas cap if that is what you want to call it,. the ideas of no cap and water and ice could get in to gas tank, and also gas lid wont seal correctly. it is a sharp looking truck but not for us. we traded back to a 2017 nissan frontier ( our 4th since 2012) with more options than the colorado and we love it. we did get a good deal since we deal with the same nissan dealer so we didnt loose out butt in the deal. seats are more comfortable, easier in and out. user friendly also with the "infotainment center" the colorado is a sharp looking vehicle and that is it. we have owned gm products before but were very disappointed in this one. we maybe thought of in a few years of trading my rogue in a an equinox... but no way!!!!.

GEEK /WOMAN TRUCK

Army Mustang, 05/21/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Would not buy as a work truck, to much Tech, on steering wheel, too many Bells- Whistles, has it geeked up and jucked up as a work truck, Also the 2.5 4 cyl. is a lie for advertised gas milage, I tried everything in the world on test ride home and could not squeeze over 22 mpg out of it, I think the only way you could get more is coasting down a mountain, or being towed behind a bigger truck!

touchy

mary lou, 09/21/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you are short or disabled ,this truck is difficult to enter and exit due in part to the design of the front seats! The passenger side grab bar is to far forward.there needs to be an additional grab bar for the passenger !

What is up with the transmission

Richard, 03/28/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2017 with 7000 miles and the transmission is incredibly bad. Have had to have it flushed to eliminate shuddering and now it shifts horribly for a truck with so few miles on ii. It jerks in to gear when accelerating/decelerating in city traffic. Shakes at 80 mph. I cant believe GM hasnt made a recall on this awful transmission. i have read a lot from other owners complaining about the same thing on many Chevy forums.

It was OK til...it left us stranded in a snowstorm

Andres J. , 12/21/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

With less than 30K miles we her to take it to the dealer with a busted oil pump in the middle of a snowstorm. Deneker, the closest dealership, in Middlebury, was great. AAA took 1 1/2 hours to to arrive. Still at the shop but they gave us a Trax loaner. Wouldn't buy nor lease a Chevy again. I should have leased the TACOMA.

Trans Shudder

Rob, 10/18/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

At least I got to 30k before mine started shuddering. Wish it would have been sooner so I’d actually get a decent value for a trade....first new Chevy experience not good

disapointed

Jim Schimon, 11/22/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am not a big man And the wife isn't a big women and the font seating is cramped

GREAT TRUCK EXCEPT,,,

ct yankee, 03/08/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was torn between a Colorado & a Tacoma but after a lot of research, pricing etc I settled on the Colorado. I really love the truck and I think I made the right choice. I have one issue that I just cant get over. I have a rear defroster but no heated outside mirrors. I just don't get it!!!!

Badass truck

Steven Newman, 06/18/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great midsize truck, looking forward to owning for a long time

New

george reinbold, 08/14/2017

So far so good

2017 chevy lemon zr2

1sR0s, 03/13/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

two weeks after buying this truck I started having problems. problem #1 a solenoid that controls the cylinder cut off for fuel mileage went out. Had it replaced. #2 a few weeks after that engine light started flashing randomly. sometimes when the engine light would flash traction control and stabilatrak would turn off and Id get a service stabilitrak alert on screen. Other times just the engine light would flash. This went on for weeks. Id take it to the dealership they would keep It for a few days and drive it and couldn't figure it out. after the fifth time taking it to them It had a code on it for # 3 cylinder not firing. They replaced the coil pack and It hasn't done it since. Now the transmission Is making noise when holding my speed at certain speeds as if it is upshifting and downshifting at the same time. Bought truck at the end of Dec its only march. Also the fuel mileage is only averaging at 13mpg in town. sticker said16-18. I drove it on an hour trip last weekend it barely got 16 in the interstate. this truck is a nice looking piece of JUNK!

Typical GM mediocrity

Steven L, 12/17/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I waited two months for a 2017 with the 8 speed automatic transmission and I was sorry, Transmission struggles up shifts on hills. GM has to learn to build a better vehicle than their competition.

Perfect truck for me!

Toni, 06/30/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in April, 2017, it’s been perfect! Gets great mileage, and tows without any issues. It’s just the right size, easy to drive and park. It has a lot of power. I’m very happy with my choice.

Sporty 2017 Colorado

Dusty, 10/01/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Love this Truck, the handling, fuel mileage, comfort and best looking mid size truck way to go Chevy !!!

Transmission problems

Gary, 12/08/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Before I bought the Colorado I had read several reviews about problems with the transmission. Mainly the Shutter valve or the torque converter. I bought a 2017 with 30,000 miles. The truck had recently been to the dealer and they replaced the shutter valve because the previous owner noticed slipping. I have similar problems in the mornings when I first put it in reverse. It slips a little and then seems to be okay. My main problem is hard shifting, Sometimes shifting up but mostly shifting down. When slowing down at a stop sign it will shift hard into the next gear. I have had it to a dealer and he wouldn't do anything. Not even a diagnostic. They said the transmission does not have history. That is a lie. I took it to my personal mechanic and he hooked it up and showed me the history. Chevy told me there were letters out stating customers had problems with hard shifting but that it wouldn't effect the life of the transmission. Seriously??? I love this truck and only hope it doesn't go out right after the 60K warranty

Transmission problems