Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews

Used Cobalt for Sale
Select your model:
12345...61

Pros
Cons

Excellent Compact

Tyler, 12/06/2006
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt beats its competitors in nearly every way, except fuel economy, which still isn't bad at all. The engine is incredibly smooth, quiet, and powerful. Extremely high sophistication for its class. Automatic tranny is superb, as per usual for GM. Interior design and construction are greatly improved for Chevy and is generally excellent, though materials could be nicer. Handling is about average but the ride is amazing. Great room for a coupe, comfortable seats, a ridiculously large list of standard features, and great availability and affordabilty of optional features rounds out an excellent package. Have owned this car for half a year with no problems and on a college budget. Must buy

2006 Chevy Cobalt LTZ

2006 Chevy Cobalt , 05/27/2008
LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Car has a lot of get up and go for a 4 cyl and good handling. Gets about 26-28 mpg aroudn town according to the dash mpg calculator. I have 48K plus miles and have had no problems.

worst car ever!!!!

Fousek11, 12/17/2009
LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car hoping 2 get away from a all the problems... But in all reality.. I've had more problems with this 1 car than I had with the 2 other ones I had before it... Brakes go bad quickly, one of the cylinders went bad ($200), the vent motor is broken ($220), fixin the bumper after an accident cost $600... N now the best part... I need a new a/c compressor ($300-$600 for the part alone... And about $250-$300 for the labor)... I've spent more money tryin to fix this car Rather than just paying it off n being on my way... I used to love Chevy... Now my view on them is very vague...

The Car that Keeps on Going

reneg78, 03/22/2011
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

First of I have to say I LOVE THIS CAR. I now work in an office, but before I use to drive the heck out this car on avg 800 miles/week delivering permits for the film industry. I've taken it on a little off road adventure up in the mountains. I've been in one accident and only had cosmetic damage. I've never had any problems with the car. I think the only problem I've had was that the battery on the key ring to unlock the car and trunk had to be replaced twice. But the car no problems. I've fixed the cosmetics, and recently had to buy new wheels but only because I slammed into a pot hole. But its a great car. I would buy another one and recommend to buy.

The car sells itself.

BowtieBoy06, 11/17/2006
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Since the day I first drove the car, it has never ceased to amaze me. Powerful acceleration, superb handling, and sleek styling all contrbute to the inherent appeal of the car. For all the doubters, the power is definitely there. I've driven it all and I say, all the competitors in its class have a problem on their hands. The supercharger makes this quite a little competitor even for the V-8 boys. The car handles well in the twisties and can take anything you can throw at it. The interior may not be up to luxury standards but it's acceptable for the price range. As long as you remember what you paid for it, you'll always think you got away with murder

12345...61