Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My very first car, and boy am I happy wiith it!
By Jesus

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $850 from some shady dude. I was skeptical since it's my first time buying a car but I think I got a pretty good deal! Car has 208k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I've owned it for around 6 months now, drive it everyday for work. Gas mileage is amazing, 15 bucks fills the tank and it lasts around a week and half! It handles beautifully and it's pretty fast too. It currently has only 2 issues, the gas gauge went bad and it needs the passenger side engine mount replaced, but it's nothing serious or that can't be fixed. I truly recommend this car if you're looking for your first car.

My pal
By Rolling Cherry

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

My cavalier has been an amazing car! I purchased it in 2009 with 140,000 miles and now 9 years later it is still running with 224,000 miles. Of course as with any car, I have had to do regular maintenance as well as some wear and tear repairs. I had one major repair of the head gasket in 2012, but seeing as the car has continued to run great for another 6 years, I would say it was definitely worth the investment. This car gives me freedom to drive through town, explore in the the country and travel on interstate trips.

After 13 yrs, it is still going
By opitmus01co

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I has currently 159,000 miles on it. It is good in snow, and handles well. This is my 4th cavalier, as we go back to 1984 when I bought the wagon version. I wish they still made a wagon. Hubby and I have both owned one each. I am in the market for a new car, and I will give this one to the kids to drive. It will last a while longer.

98 cavilier 4dr
By Joe

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have recently come to own a cavalier. Now I'm no stranger to understanding a good car from a bad one, and this one is certainly on the downer list. I can respectfully say deigned interior well, decent on gas. But lacks in power and suspension is weak. Car wasn't abused too badly but will look to get rid of this horrible lil car as soon as possible. I do not recommend this car to anyone. These cars were designed poorly. For a 4 dr it should have more power so that when you do have passengers it doesn't sound like the engine has to work so hard. Driver and maybe one passenger, that's it.

decent gas miles,

serious designing issues. suspension is weak from the factory, and not much thought was put into design. don't recommend such a car to anyone.

Great Car
By Joe B.

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this brand new back in 1998. This was actually my very first new car. After all these years, there has been minor fixes to it, great on gas, and reliable compared to other cars I've owned. To date, this car has over 106,000 miles and still drives on the highway the same way it did when I bought it. The only issues I've had with the car are after all these years, the paint is a beginning to discolor, but it is not that noticeable. The body and inside is still in great shape. In the past, it had sustained some good number of impacts. The gas is great compared to other cars. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a great and reliable car.

Reliability, gas mileage, stylish look

extended paint life that will last for over 12 years or more.