Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

My very first car, and boy am I happy wiith it!

Jesus, 07/15/2016
LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $850 from some shady dude. I was skeptical since it's my first time buying a car but I think I got a pretty good deal! Car has 208k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I've owned it for around 6 months now, drive it everyday for work. Gas mileage is amazing, 15 bucks fills the tank and it lasts around a week and half! It handles beautifully and it's pretty fast too. It currently has only 2 issues, the gas gauge went bad and it needs the passenger side engine mount replaced, but it's nothing serious or that can't be fixed. I truly recommend this car if you're looking for your first car.

Not fancy but good value

Dan, 10/07/2007
4dr Sedan

Not a fancy car but great value. 65k miles and only replaced starter (03), alternator (07), 2 tires (06), brakes (06), and AC (06) so far. For the price I paid it's great.

Great car

nick, 04/24/2007
LS 4dr Sedan

I had two recalls. That is good in my book. This car is great on fuel and cheap to run. Overall it's a great car. Even at 270,000 km it's running great.

Not exciting, but reliable

yeti, 06/18/2003
LS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Cavelier, bought new in 1997. For both of them, the engines held up extrememly well as I piled on the miles, but they were not particularly exciting to drive. In hindsight, I should have plunked down the money for a Honda Civic for not much difference in price and gotten a little better milage and better long term reliability and resale value.

My pal

Rolling Cherry, 07/02/2016
4dr Sedan

My cavalier has been an amazing car! I purchased it in 2009 with 140,000 miles and now 9 years later it is still running with 224,000 miles. Of course as with any car, I have had to do regular maintenance as well as some wear and tear repairs. I had one major repair of the head gasket in 2012, but seeing as the car has continued to run great for another 6 years, I would say it was definitely worth the investment. This car gives me freedom to drive through town, explore in the the country and travel on interstate trips.

12345...8