Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Little beast

Backwoods , 10/05/2019
Trailblazer 4dr SUV

I'm the 2nd owner (2007)of this 1999 Trailblazer and who ever had it before took care of it as far as maintenance. It had 142,000 miles on it and was clean as it could be. I now have 317,000 miles on it (10-5-19). Of course its had its ups and downs but relatively easy and common fixes. Also there isn't a bit of rust due to the multiple layers of factory paint. Still turning heads and very dependable. Cranks everytime. Keeping the oil changed and regular checkups will keep this little vortex rolling forever!

i like my ride

joe s, 03/04/2002
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

it's a great truck but plastic panel interior parts make a lot of noise

I love my '99 Blazer

Reyn, 07/02/2017
LS 4dr SUV

This is the most reliable vehicle that I ever owened since 1967. I’ve never regretted the purchase. I love the split tail gate, something that’s not offered anymore. I wish GM had retrograded the Blazer instead of the ugly model they came out with and called it a Blazer. The extreme slant of the rear only causes a decrease in cargo volume. It would be great if GM would take the design of the Tahoe and shrink it to the dimensions of the 1999 Blazer dimensions. Now that would be a Blazer!

I'll let you decide

Mathias, 09/24/2009
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Well i have owned this car for a while now and I have gotten what i wanted out of it. It stills drives okay but the motor is starting to knock with 150,000 miles on it. It goes where ever I want it to but i had to put some money in it to keep it that way. It always starts and runs without incident and has decent power for a 6 cylinder. Biggest complaint, the heater core is bad!!! No heat in the winter is tough and I have to flush it every year just to get a little heat for the start of the season. By mid winter its bad again. Also, no 4-wheel drive! Thats the number one reason i bought it and now it doesn't work either. Looking for a new SUV but don't know what to get. I love a Chevy.

JUNK!!! Do not make a mistake!!!!

franktiregod, 11/17/2011
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a one owner 99 Trailblazer with just under 98,000 miles in 2009. WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!! Here is a small list of the things I had to replace on this junkpile. 1. Upper and lower balljoints. 2. Compete a/c system. 3. Computer 4. Heater core 5. Compete exhaust system including catylitic converter and wiring pigtails. 6. Alternator and belts 7. Upper ball joints-AGAIN!! 8. Radiator. The list goes on an on. And this was a nice CLEAN one owner truck! I got rid of it yesterday. I didnt sell it to an individual because if I did, my conscience wouldnt let me sleep at night. I bought my wife a Mazda 3 hatchback. Screw the "american cars". Thanks unions!

12345...20