Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aveo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

06 Aveo bought new in 06, current owner review

Ben R, 10/14/2015
Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my aveo with 12 miles in 2006. I opted for the hatchback special value manual. No power locks, or windows, came with an amfm radio, only option I got was A/C. Today (oct. 2015) I have 180,000. Figured I'd go over EVERY repair I've had in the last 10 years. I've had the following repairs done (non scheduled maintenance): spark plug wires/plugs with valve cover gasket (225$ @ 80k). Wires opened up causing arching at high rpms which resulted in a flashing check engine light. Also had oil on the plugs due to the valve cover gasket being bad. Both common aveo problems, upgrade the wires/gasket. Have never had the issue repeat. Upper radiator hose leak/vacuum hose repair (80$ @ 100k). Standard collant leak. Vacuum hose leak caused a rough idle and reving idle from 1500rpm to 2500rpm. Never had this issue repeat. Splice pack repair (135$ @ 120k miles). Common issue in the fuse box. Causes only half of your lights to work. Never had this issue repeat. Removal of the day light running module (45$ 130k miles). Was a recall, opted to remove the module, could short out and cause a fire. Headlight electrical harness (60$, 160k miles). Plastic connector failed, causing a short and no right headlight. Back hatch replacement (120$ 160k). Rear hatch wouldn't open. Air intake hose replacement (210$ @ 160k). Intake hose decomposed opening up causing a check engine light and poor MPG and acceleration. Wiper arm springs failed (120$ @ 170k). Wipers no longer laid flat against the windshield. My Aveo has NEVER left me stranded or resulted in a repair over 500$. No engine or transmission failures. Word of advice. Keep up on the general maintenance. Timing belts/water pump/thermostat/serp belt should be replaced every 50k miles. Timing belt failures in Aveos are common at around 60k and destroys your engine if it fails. Use synthetic oil. Helps on the valve tick noise, and get it changed every 5k. Replace the air filter every 45k and flush all fluids (coolant/transmission) every 75k. Brakes (front) disc factories are horrible. Upgrade to ceramic pads and a quality rotor. Rear drums I'm still on the factory drums. No issues. Tires/wheels. Upgrade your wheel and tire package. I went with a wider tire and 15 inch wheel. Same overall height as factory. This makes freeway driving safer, and winter driving (with snow tires) extremely safe. Factory tires are banana peels. Upgrade to a common tire. My tires cost 62$ each. Shocks/struts/springs: I'm still on my original suspension. No failed parts or issues. Was advised at my last maintenance that the struts will need replaced at the next appt. My aveo has been a great car, especially for 10,400$ brand new (in 2006). Small minor issues are common. If you want your aveo to last drive it easy. I never accelerate past 4000 rpms, and never drive faster than 70mph. Also take turns easy and dont bury the gas when letting go of the clutch. It's not a sports car. I'm still on my original clutch at 180k miles. If you follow the maintenance, fix the minor issues, the car should last well past 200,000 miles. If you don't take care of it, expect your timing belt to snap and your engine to blow up. Maintence is key on Aveo ownership. Can't stress that enough. I average 325 to 350 per 10.4 gals of gas. This has been consistent for the ownership of the car. I drive a combination of 75% freeway, 25% city. At 180k I've had zero gasket issues. No leaking oil or other fluids or overheating issues. Hope this review was helpful.

All and all pretty good....

soccerguy, 10/08/2014

My car is an auto not stick shift. I bought my Aveo used with 63,000 miles on it. I have had it 4 years and now have 97,000. I am pleased with this car. I have kept up with the normal stuff including timing belt, transmission & radiator service. I need to get front struts replaced which I know some have complained about but I think almost 100,000 miles is a decent lifespan. I am a little disappointed in the around town MPG but the highway is 35 MPG which is awesome. This is a no frills car but it does the job for me. Yes the inside is plastic everywhere and heck I have manual windows but it gets me where I need to go. Have the car properly serviced and you should do fine.

A bit Spongey

heitro, 03/23/2012

I recently bought a used 2006 Aveo LT hatchback at 103025 miles. The carfax stated it had regular service done according to the timetable laid out in the manual. So mostly the car runs excellent. My chief complaint at first were the brakes. Ive driven a assortment of cars of various qualities in my years. And I suspected that since it had scheduled maintenance done it would be in good quality, but the brakes are very weak. It feels as though the car is too heavy for the brakes it came with. I tried replacing the brake pads and rotors with OEM quality replacements, and while it made the braking slightly better, it still feels far too heavy.

Not bad.

synfulangel, 02/05/2012

I bought this car used with 92k miles on it. Ran great. We had an over heat issue and had to replace top end. After that we have not had a single issue with the motor or the anything else. These cars can not be handled rough don't stomp on the gas at stop light it can't handle that. If you want one to do that get the manual shift and upgrade the entire motor to do so. Love the Gas mileage The car gets 39 miles to the gallon better than any car i have had. It runs perfect now and has over 115k miles on the lower end of the motor.

The car the drove ME crazy

Tracy, 12/13/2015
Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for a few years. But to much money into trying to figure out what was wrong. Come to find out this car along with others had a tiny hole in the transmission. (transmission made of plastic) . GM knew about the problem never told the customer nor the dealers. Also they would not stand by their customer told me not their problem while the manager at the GM cried to me about all the phone calls she gets. I never want to deal with this car nor GM again.

Expected better gas mileage

D, 07/12/2010

Reviews on this vehicle seem very inconsistent. Based on my research, people seem to be experiencing problems with transmission fluid turning brown very early on (as mine has), but I haven't come across a lot of actual transmission failures. My biggest problem has been fuel economy. For such a tiny car, I expected better than the 25ish total and much less for city driving. Since there aren't any other real advantages over a slightly larger car (besides cost), I have been disappointed by that. For a car of its size, the trunk is great and there is reasonable room in the front seats. The back is tight but that is to be expected. The egg-shape continues to look dated to me.

Dependable but Disappointed

bab, 07/31/2010

I traded in a fully loaded Chevy Impala for this car when gas went above $4 a gallon. The Impala was getting 22 mpg city and was very very comfortable. With the Aveo, what was advertised on the window sticker, is not what I got. I usually get between 25 to 27 in the city and 30 on the highway. I should have kept my Impala. Aveo alarm goes off for no reason. I looked this problem up on the internet an nobody could get dealer to fix. One guy said to lock it with the key instead of the fob and that has resolved my problem 99% of the time. Now the hood latch is broke. Can't open back up at all. I've kept this serviced as required over the years so I'm praying it lasts me 4 to 5 more years.

I like it!

happy camper, 11/02/2010

I've owned the car exactly 4 years and like it. Aveo LT was sold out, so I had after-factory door locks, car alarm, & windows put onto car. The car runs great, is fairly low maintenance. I've not had my key stick, or any of the other issues that I see written about. I know when things go wrong, we tend to be more vocal about it, but I wanted you to know that others DO mostly like their Aveos.

Unbearable Engine Noise on Highway

Anonymous, 12/06/2010

My biggest complaint on this car is: it desperatly needs another gear. I believe it was built for roads in it's home country of Korea because it is comfortable and quite until you hit 70MPH+ Then it is tough to control in all but ideal wind conditions and extremely noisey. It stands at about 3500 RPM when driving 72MPH. This generates unacceptable cabin engine noise. Another factor begging for another trans. gear is the only mediocre gas mileage on the highway. I usually get 35-36 on the highway. When I drive 60 on back roads I can get 40MPG, so I know the car is built for a lower operating speed. Look for an escort, fusion, or malibu; they are designed better for highway driving.

European feel

tony, 08/03/2005

I love it. I came out of a gas hog truck that got 13 mpg and now I'm getting about 40 mpg. So far so good, and I have not been back to the dealer except for an oil change. I bought an extended warranty so I'm not worried. Not a quick car, but safe.

'06 Chevy Aveo LS 5 Door...a must buy!

Soul2Move, 01/25/2006

I was looking for an econo car that would be priced right and perform like a champ I must confess I found it in my '06 Aveo LS...5sp man w/ 5doors..very roomy...very nice and quiet ride @75mph :) A lot better than the 93 Swift and 95 Honda Civic EX 2Door. I got it 1/22 and so far been shocked at what value this ride has been...in 5 years I hope to tell you more...but so far....a top notch car at a top notch price....I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget or anyone looking for a point A to point B w/o the stress of a Geo or a Suzuki on the freeway!!

"The little car that could!"

Erik Provensen, 07/14/2019
LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo in 2013, with 63,000 miles on it, and now have had it for six years.....I live in a rural area, and 95% of my driving NOT stop and go..........I followed the maintenance schedule and have zero issues..........I now have 288,000 miles on her, and the only thing I have replaced is the brakes. I have the four door LS model with a hatchback. And, I am happy to report that she burns no oil. Simply following the schedule of maintenance and you will have many miles of worry free driving..............I am thinking of purchasing another one in the near future, when I hit 300,000 or so miles..................best vehicle I have ever owned, and my first was a Chevrolet "Star Fire "6", I paid $100 for when I went to college now, 55 years ago!...........IT IS A GOOD ONE MATES!

after 128,000 miles

jay, 08/16/2016
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

my 06 aveo has finally hit its final ride today. cant get key out of ignition. shift cylanoid broke. wont pass inspection. headlight wont work ,along with the horn. it had its day. after 10 years, its been a ok car, not the most comfortable.

Lil Blue Aveo

BM, 11/14/2009

Well I bought this new for my 16 yr old as a first car. I wanted her to have something new, reliable, and warrantied. So far, so good. She has been driving it about 50K miles and 3.5 years with no mechanical issues. She has had some brim and tire issues though. Chevy didn't want to hear anything about it though. After about 16K miles the tires were bald as a babies butt. She purchased some 40K Firestones and they are lasting. I was thinking it was a normal junky chevy front end or junky calipers etc ruining the tires but I guess it was the "no good" stock tires they put on it. Anyway, She has rode this sucker pretty hard in 3.5 years. She has been "ramming like a teenager".

Economical Road Warrior

chuckytown, 02/12/2010

I've put 87,000 miles on this car in 3.5 years. I'm its only driver. I've put a 6' ladder in this car (and closed the hatch), weedwacker, furniture, a dishwasher, several loads of stone, went on a 2,500 mile road trip. I drive 2 hours a day highway. Drove 6 hours in a blizzard yesterday. I've tested this car pretty good. Roads around here ate up the factory suspension. Changed timing belt at 70,000. This is our "truck". I used it as a landscaping car this summer. Fits a big cargo load with seats down. Love the LT! I will drive it to 200k! I can whip this car around country roads fast enough to induce involuntary screams from passengers, but braking and handling always compensate

Well Maintened but still had major problems

mindintomatter, 07/30/2012

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Good ,But Not GREAT.

FlaBear, 10/01/2009

I bought this car at the height of the high gas prices. Expected HUGE gas savings. BUT I have never gotten better than 18mpg in the city,and that is driving no 'pedal to the metal' ever. 'Fun driving' drops it even more. I got better mileage in the truck I traded in for this car. Mechanically it is solid. But trim pieces fade fast,paint is easily scratched,hatch release lever has broken 10 times! All 'fixed' under warranty. But now warranty is gone,and minor things are wearing fast. Nothing major,yet. Kind of fun to drive. Easy to add options that 99% other Aveos don't have. Like FACTORY side molding, tint,aftermarket wheel covers,and graphics kits. Easy to park,and lots of storage in the HB.

Wallet Saver

G8rB8t, 06/22/2010

Great little car. I drive 116 miles a day and given that this car has nothing, and I mean nothing to it, it does the job well. I can live without the AC and the AM/FM radio is par but works and helps me survive the commute. The sole purpose of this car was as a commuter for work and nothing more and it does just that. Currently have filled the tank 20 times and am averaging 35.7 MPG. I am a spirited driver so I am sure others could do much better if they don't average 10 mph over the limit like I do.

It is what it is

That guy, 07/01/2010

I have a 90 mile a day round trip commute and bought this when gas was over$4 a gal. This is an economy car. They only thing I like about it is that I am 6'2" 300 lbs and I fit into it fine. Otherwise this is a cheap car with cheap features. The factory alarm get buggy and goes off for no reason at times. I've had no major problems but the tires are so small that there can be big problems when potholes are everywhere.

Great gas mileage Key Stuck

bionicguru, 07/27/2010

I easily get the 35 miles per US gallon stated in the heat of the summer but only about 30 mpg in winter. If you get the sport package the cheapest tires i could find were $166 each. My key did get stuck and would not come out. This was a bad solenoid in the shifter assembly and was covered under the powertrain warranty. If this happens to you You can remove the key by pushing the shifter all the way to the left and turning the key at the same time and the key will release.

What gas mileage?

Susan, 08/21/2010

I bought my car in 2006, new off the lot. I didn't like the skimpy tires, so had new ones put on with more grip. The air conditioner flaps always shut down from day 1. Drink holder is a joke. Too small and over the ashtray and junk holder. Seats are too narrow and edges curve inward on my husband's shoulders..causes pain for him to ride in it. Gas mileage BOMBED after a few years,lost pick up and tends to jerk slightly when accelerating. Body does get small dents and scratches easily, even after the 200$ extra coating they sold me for the paint job. Clutch now seems to be not engaging smoothly or wearing out. Needs alignment often. 30k miles on it so far.

This car is crap!

Jessica, 10/15/2010

Don't waste your money. My Aveo was brand new off the lot and I got it all the way to PA from NC. The car would shut off and I took it by a dealer who told me they were closed, to go home, and to bring it back. Come to find out the car had the wrong alternator in it. The CD player went out soon after I bought it. The dealer wouldn't fix it, said it wasn't covered under warranty. I bought a new stereo. The key gets locked in the mechanism and I can't get it out without disconnecting the battery. I have to always get tires and front end alignments, sometimes twice a year. Body scratches easily and air conditioner vents close constantly. I found out the cars have Daewoo parts as well.

The price is right

mark schmid, 07/06/2007

Good price and no problems so far with 16,000 on it. Nice looking in and out and more room than expected but could do better on mileage.

Aveo is a basic transportation car

C. Hahn, 02/10/2017
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006, Aveo HB LS new in summer of that year. Now 92k in 2017, and owned 11 years now. Still a very good car for the money. Maintenance is a must on this car. Made for GM CHEVROLET by South Korea. If they made today the same way would buy again. It's still cute and easy to park and drive around town. Thank you

Aveo is a basic transportation car

C. Hahn, 02/10/2017
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

How cheap can you make a car?

Aric, 09/08/2017
Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy leads the way with this that is the Aveo. Not only does it feel cheap but the flimsiness of "everything" is very apparent. We have had this car for two months. It has 48k miles on it. We have had to replace the blower motor, fan speed relay, clutch slave cylinder and after all that it developed a short that drained the battery so I had to keep a jumper box in car at all times. To give you an idea of how cheap and flimsy this car is we was in a slow 25 mph accident that popped the car like a balloon. Pieces inside just fell apart and there was pieces everywhere outside of the car like it was a high speed collision. I wish I could post a picture because the car that hit us had a cracked headlight and bumper and our car had to be towed away because the wheel broke completely off and left the car on the ground. Beware buyers this is a case of you do not get what you payed for and I wish I could express this better then this. This car is not good at any price except free.

It's like a beetle

Christopher, 09/30/2018
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very good car I paid 1,000 time belt and water pump done at 70,000 And it has 144.xxx. drives great only thing it needs is passenger side rocker fix but that's not bad either. For 1,000 I'm surprise how good condition this car.

My favorite car 🚘

Nowaydude, 09/08/2019
Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used (3rd owner) with 54,000 on it for $3,700. It’s the special value model with added AC. The car definitely feels cheap, but it’s a lot of fun to drive and is easy to work on. Car now has 104,000 miles and I can’t see myself selling her. No major problems; a few sensors went out back at 80,000 miles and plastic thermostat blew up. I run this car so hard and she takes it. I’m actually surprised she hasn’t died yet. Planning on upgrading to the Sonic but not until this one dies.

Underrated Good Transportation economic vehicle

Pete, 06/22/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Update.... My car broke a timing belt at 60,112 miles and destroyed the engine. The repair cost was more than the value of the car so I had to sell it for junk ($100). I have been driving my 2006 Chevy Aveo for 2 years now with no mechanical problems. It gets very good gas mileage at around 30+ MPG and handles well on long trips. The interior is not fancy and has only minimum creature comforts but is not bad. I purchase the car for only $900 with 46,000 miles on it with a dent in the fender and hood. The parts to repair it were available in the local junkyard at a very low price. I feel that the car will hold up for another 50,000 miles without any major problems and will have provided great service at a very very low cost. The car does not do much to project an image but it is a great car for students and poorer people.

Chevy aveo

Melissa, 07/16/2005

Great car...not fast but reliable and very roomy.

Disapointed

hiram, 04/07/2006

Wind makes it hard to handle. Blind spots. Almost ran over my daughter, and wrecked 3 times becouse of it. Not comfortable, not enough room. No room in trunk. I do not like the car! Can't wait to trade it in.

Great Economy Car

Michael Mayle, 04/19/2006

I drive 50 miles round trip to work and bought this car for it's economy. I like it so much,that I have parked my pick up and drive it all of the time. I find it exceptionally roomy and easy to manuver in the city. A real gas money saver

Awesome for a used rental!

screwwiit, 06/28/2008

I used to drive a 1993 Dodge Intrepid. After 15 years the transmission finally went out! I settled with the Aveo after finding it around the block. I bought it with 49252 miles on it and it's been a blast since! Gets me everywhere, has a lot of get up and go for a little car. Heats and cools fast and taking trips to the coast are fantastic! Handles great! I love driving my car and the head room is incredible. Also I don't know how I did it but I fit a readmill in it and closed the trunk lid! This car hasn't stopped blowing my mind! Awesome choice, great economic value and the price wasnt bad too.

Poor Gas Mileage

Dissapointed, 07/19/2008

Great car, comfortable and attractive. Good visibility for a petite driver. Very disappointed in gas mileage. For the first year I owned it, I comuted 60 miles RT daily, mostly freeway speeds, and never got over 29 mpg. I am a good driver who regularly go 38-40 out of my Saturn SL1, and expected this car to exceed the federal ratings. I was very disappointed to discover that the ratings are a total fairy tales. Best mileage ever was 29, and usually got 25-27.

Amazing Choice!

Amazing Choice, 08/13/2008

I bought this car 5-6 months ago. The value of the vehicle has since increased and that never happens. With the manual I get on the highway with authority.(left in third gear) I have not had a problem yet and have no regrets for my purchase. I consistantly get 38+ highway mileage, so I am not sure why it's EPA is so low! I am not a slow highway driver, so people should be able to get better. Also the vehicle is very roomy in comparison to what I thought a compact would be. When I did a "years to pay back" analysis on this car today I will make my money back in gas savings in just 5 years! Finally a vehicle that actually makes sense financially.

"Miserable" little car is a accurate

Ctb, 08/28/2008

The Aveo's ride is punishing on large potholes. Body rolls is extreme in all corners and handling is imprecise. The clutch is too light and the gearbox is rudimentary. Smooth shifts are extremely difficult. Acceleration is adequate on flat hills, but low torque make uphill acceleration a chore. Reliability is a problem. My vehicle hd a warped throttle body. The thermostat housing is made of plastic - a ridiculous design flaw - and ruptured (replacements are metal). Rubber bushing up front have compressed and made the car wallow even more than normal. Tire wear on the stock tires is poor. Mine reached 19,000 miles. Joyless, unreliable, and pointless, this is a terrible car with no purpose.

Very reliable

mrsacma, 10/15/2008

Purchased New and found this car to be very easy to get in & out of. Lots of room for a small car. great gas mileage average city 32 Hwy 38-40. Had dealer replace right front wheel bearing at 3000 miles and no problems since then, I have 40K miles on it now. No regrets here on buying this other than it should be built in the USA!

Cheap metal

MYSTICICE13, 12/01/2008

My car seems to have dents from under the hood. No one knows why. Simply leaning against the car will cause the door to dent, I only weigh 130. I had the emissions valve replaced at 30,000 the clutch plate was replaced after only having it a year, the horn is weak. No block heater (required in Alaska) they charge you extra to get one when it should be installed in a place where its required.

If you like walking...

Agent, 12/01/2008

This car broke down 4 times in the first 6 months I owned it. 3 breakdowns were a result of the computer and the other 1 was due to the shifter housing. Also, the tires only lasted for about 28k before they needed to be replaced. This car is terrible in high winds and also has problems in the rain, snow, and ice. I was so disappointed that I considered hiring a lawyer to go after the dealership. Also, the gas mileage is seriously overstated. If the initial cost is your only consideration then buy an Aveo.

Great Little Car for Short Cash

moremileage, 02/21/2009

I bought this car in 01/07 with 19,000 miles on it. I love the car, it is great for my trips to work, and for short jaunts around town. It's not a Deville, but it sure is what it supposed to be! Small, and economical!

CUTEST FLOWER POWER CAR!!

AILEEN, 03/02/2009

So far I have driven my car to Philly, New Jersey,way upstate NY and love it. I don't get great gas mileage :( but it's zippy for a manual and comfortable to drive. Its yellow & I recently put a big cool purple flower on the hood and I hope to start a new trend to replace the Volkswagen bug..haha MY CAR IS CUTER!!!

The Worst Car Ever

Erin, 03/13/2009

Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop over and over again. I have had transmission problems, wiring problems, engine problems....you name it. And, for some of the issues, I had to take it in two, three, or four times before they could find the problem. For instance, I was driving around with a bad throttle body for 2.5 years before they found the problem. And, I took it in because a lot of my lights were not working, and there was a wiring problem. After 3 visits, the wiring is still not correct, but they say it is. When I took it in bc of the wiring, they realized my gearshift was bad, and they had to replace it. This is a warning to everybody out there, do not buy an Aveo.

Driver's view

sailor3, 04/09/2009

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I have made two trips from Frederick Maryland to Florida. On one trip I drove across Interstate 75 at 75 mph on that trip I averaged 35 mpg. I drove to North Carolina and averaged 32 mpg. These are actual driving figures not EPA fudged figures. In city driving my average mile is 25 mpg. My only complaint is with the Cruise Control set up. Having the button under the switch that must be pressed to use the on off switch on the top of the steering wheel is a stupid design.

I've had good luck

amylou, 05/04/2009

Paid $9000 for the bare bones 2006 sedan and for the price, I'm happy with it and plan on driving it until it dies. No problems with engine, tranny, electrical, etc. Gear transition chunky, does not improve. I'm lax with regular maintenance and simply don't care about image , so combined with the iffy craftsmanship minor things are always breaking and falling off, too expensive to fix. But I have always LOVED the shape of it, no one wants to steal my little inconspicuous crank-window value model. Needed bushings early on and the shocks/struts have degraded to a Lincoln Continental rolling sort of ride. Unstable in wind on highway. Good for short commute, would buy again for the TRUNK!

It "sips" the gas

Avalon1, 05/15/2009

I purchased the car as a rental return not expecting too much for an econo-box. I have been pleasantly surprised. On a trip to sf (253 mile) we got 41 mi to the gallon. The pick-up is zippy and have had no problems in two years. There have been some minor electrical glitches, but no worse than any other car. Get real, this is a cheap car, take what you get. If it is a lemon make some noise. Americans all want a Mercedes for escort price.

Falling apart

tnkgrl, 07/29/2009

My car just started having problems. It is falling apart. I loved it until now. ABS cab and the throttle actuator control module went out in two months apart from each other. 46000 miles.

Dont buy this junk.

jerseyjoe, 08/14/2009

I guess the old saying is you get what you pay for. Well in 2007 I bought a 2006 aveo with 16, ooo miles on it and its been in the shop every few months for one thing or another. 1st thing was bad a/c compressor. 2nd thing was faulty computer-and now that the 3 year warranty is up and the vehicle only having 27,000 miles the freeze plug went on it causing the car to over heat blowing the head gasket, so I have a 3 year old car with 27,000 miles that needs a new engine, this car is not reliable or safe. Do yourself a favor and dont but this car. Its imported junk with a Chevy emblem on it. No Wonder gm went bankrupt.

Aveo Fun

AVEO LOVER, 08/13/2005

This car has been so fun to drive. It's small and sporty, yet surprisingly roomy inside. Great gas mileage, which is nice since gas prices are so high. It cools off quickly, which is nice because I'm in a warm/humid climate. Easy to park and turn. And I love the keyless entry.

Love our Aveo

Butler Hendrix, 08/14/2005

Best car dollar for dollar I have everhad. A real value package, ours has automatic transmission and is getting 38 mpg hwy and 32 mpg city That's fantastic without paying all those extra dollars for a hybrid.

My Aveo

Jacob, 08/25/2005

By far the greatest car that I have purchased. I got this car at the perfect time, I am saving a bundle on gas, as opposed to my last car. I have nothing but great things to say. I have recomended it to quite a few people.

51050