Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used XLR for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Exciting but expensive

R Bell, 03/03/2017
updated 09/11/2018
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a close second to corvette but after owning a year I spent more on repair cost than any car I've ever owned.. This one is a lemon.. Almost every 2 weeks I was spending $800 on something to have it fixed.. Extended warranity was worthless. Replaced both window regulators 800 each. Then transmission cable broke $400 As a single woman repair cost has cost me my car. I can't keep up with repair bills But truly love driving this car with top down and up.

4 out of 5 stars

3.5 out of 5 stars

Good Looking junk

bignickja, 06/30/2009
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine off showroom floor for 83,000 dollars to go with my vette and escalade yes I owed gm a lot, best and worst car I've ever owned, great headturner, fun to drive, ALWAYS IN SHOP, I mean ALWAYS in my 40 months of owning it was in shop 33 times from headlights to horns to rubber fading, trans, water pump, oil pump, compressor, tire gauge, throttlebody, trunk, foglights, visors, radio replaced, navigation, radiator, blown speaker, push button door entry, lights on dash blown, periscope wheel, heads up display, wiper pump, rusted tailpipes, I am not making this up be warned, stupid thing is I still liked the car?

4.75 out of 5 stars

Truly a beautiful boulevard cruiser!

06 XLR, 08/09/2009
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The XLR has stunning looks inside and out. So many features. Love the retractable hardtop. With the top up, you have no idea you are in a roadster! It is so quiet. No problems with the car so far . Purchased on 7-8- 09 with 7295 miles. It is quite different from our 07 Corvette. We considered a 2010 Camaro...love the exterior looks, but inside was a disappointment (seats, dash, short windshield). Back to the XLR..CD player has awesome sound...love the cooled seats. Think this will be a collectible car. Got this like new 06 for about half of the original list. My wife says the car is "cool"!

3.13 out of 5 stars

A $75,000 Lemon

PJSpina, 11/22/2005
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After three repairs for a non-operative roof (the sensors went bad three times) my 2006 Cadillac XLR has an engine knock. It was diagnosed by the dealer as "inappropriate spark detonation" the problem has still not been solved even after three more visits to the dealer and a "site visit" by Cadillac's engineer. The car has been out of service for nearly a month since I purchase it, with no end in sight. I also own a new Cadillac STS, and there is no comparison between the cars. It is a shame that Cadillac cannot seem to get it right. Next time, it'll be a Mercedes-Benz SL500.

4.63 out of 5 stars

I'm Lovin' It

XLRer8, 08/25/2006
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with my Cadillac XLR! It is a real head turner. Every hotel or restaurant I take it to parks it in the front. I'm a big guy and fit into it with no problems. I wish I had waited for the V-series though. In twelve months I have only seen three others on the road. There is millions of Mercedes SL500s out there, but very few of these.