Used 2015 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Great SUV
By BC

2015 BMW X5 SUV sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Very practical with very nice technology and performance. Fit and finish is very nice with high quality materials.

"The ultimate driving machine" - True .
By Ed Tamer

2015 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The "Good" Kept the car for 3 yrs, and it was great. The body is hard and does not ding easy like the Japanese cars. REALLY nice power and transmission and handling. . Climate control and ambiance lighting is great. The navigation is also great. No mechanical problems at all. The bad: The central air vent does not reach high enough to blow air on the driver's face. The brake squeak at times. Outside of that the car has been amazing that I could not part with it at the end of the lease. So I purchased it .

A Disgrace to BMW
By M

2015 BMW X5 SUV sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

When I first bought this car I thought that it would be a great car. Once I took delivery of the car everything seemed great and perfect. Everything was great the driving the ac. Everything seemed great until exactly a week of driving it that morning I wanted to get into the car but it wouldn't open, so I called roadside assistance they sent a flatbed truck who then jump started the car so then I drove it to the dealership. I gave the dealership the car they told me they were going to fix it after four days they told me to come pick it up when I went to pick it up they told me that there was something wrong with the battery drainage and when I got into the car it said battery failure so I gave it back to them. Then it took them five days to fix it again and every time I called them they would ignore me then it took along time to get it fixed and it didn't get fixed so I gave it back to the dealer which was very hard to give it back to them because they just wanted the money to stay with them. The car turned out to be a lemon and then I felt good that I returned it because if I kept it I would've been keep taking it to them over and over. I wonder how much the "repairs" costed if they weren't covered under the warranty. This car gave a terrible review of BMW and I think they should check their cars better at the factory.

2015 X5 3.5 Diesel. MSport
By Lhull

2015 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great gas mileage and Road handling. Steering feel is a little bit vague compared to the older BMW's. But steering feel is still better than most other SUVs ...other than the Cayenne. Tech package is great. Screen can't be stowed, but can be turned off. The other reviewer needs to read the owner's manual it's really quite simple. Lots of storage and the noise level is very quiet on the highway. Not a cheap car but you get what you pay for and it's definitely more reliable than the Porsche. Almost 2 years in and no issues to report. Still happy, with the decision. However, California/ Jerry Browns ridiculous new diesel gas tax is making fuel more expensive than planned... hopefully that will be overturned...

fun to drive! the 8 cyl engine is awesome.
By Scott Norin

2015 BMW X5 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

2 negatives. Why do I have to push the stop button twice to turn off the car? And the BSM stinks, why does it only come on at 30mph and put the indicator on the mirror. topview is my favorite feature. Great for parking