Used 2015 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used X3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Affordable to Buy, not so affordable to keep

cterry66, 09/18/2019
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a used 2015 X3 with about 40K on it. I think the previous owner decided to trade it in after the no longer offered 4 year warranty expired. It was in good shape and drove very nicely and we wanted AWD so we bought it. I am a DIY guy so what I have learned is even the simplest of repairs turn out to be complicated because there is always some code that has to be reset on the cars computer before the new parts will perform properly. This includes the battery, spark plugs, brake pads, etc. Parts, even non OEM parts are pricey. For example, a new battery was $200 plus $100 to have an independent repair shop reprogram the computer. Any way, we are going to trade this vehicle in and get a newer Japanese SUV before anything else goes wrong on the BMW.

Only one problem with this car

Bob Coco, 06/15/2016
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The X3 is my second BMW, the other being a 330 CI. Absolutely love everything about this car with one major exception - the stereo flat out sucks. A car in this price range should come standard with a high end sound system. My 2003 330 has the Harmon Kardon upgraded stereo which is very good but the standard system on my 2015 X3 stinks. The stereo in my Honda Accord is actually better.

2015 BMW X3 DIESEL 31,000 MILES SINCE JUNE 2015

J. Engelhardt, 12/22/2016
xDrive28d 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We like the car. However its a diesel, and with the german car manufacturer cheating, VW and Audi diesels have lost some of their luster. However we still get over 37MPG on the highway. Live in Maine so it's mostly highway milage. Have had an oxygen sensor and another exhaust sensor replaced under warranty. Not thrilled by the run-flat tires. No jack or tools came with the car!! Updated on May 15, 2018. Had two more check engine light incidents, both times diesel exhaust system problems. Could not afford the sensor replacement every 15,000 to 20,000 milesso traded the car in at 60,000 miles. Very disappointed with the quality of this vehicle. Not only do the owners have to add diesel exhaust fluid every 10,000 miles which is a pain, every 15,000 to 20,000 miles the car has to be in the shop again to take care of the exhaust system problem!!!!

Top of the class

Polestar, 03/30/2020
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased car in February 2018 for approx. $27K. It still had 17 months of bumper to bumper and maintenance warranty on it, however was no a CPO. When I originally decided I would buy an SUV, I purchased a 2015 Subaru Outback. I really wanted to like it. However, I owned it for less than a month! Just no fun to drive, loud and a power (2.5 liter) performance of a minivan. I'd owned a Toyota Rav 4 previously and they were like driving a truck, so I didn't test drive a new one. I did test drive a Mazda CX-5 and expected to like it. Before I left the dealers lot, I knew it was not for me. Next, Hyundai Tucson with 1.6 turbo. Liked it, but not enough. Was all set to drive the Audi Q5, but some how it never happened. Didn't matter. Once I test drove the 2015 X3 Xdrive28i, I was sold. Drives like a car and handles like a proper German car. Oh! You have to trash the run-flat tires, in my opinion. They make the ride stiff and handling is only mediocre (but for a BMW, that's great.) Through some Michelin Primacy on and purchased an electric pump with sealant. Fantastic upgrade..

Great reliable premium SUV

Rogerio R., 03/24/2017
sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Execent SUV. It's a very reliable, luxury, confortable, spacious and fun ride to drive. An excelent quality interior materials. Only its gas mileage is not so good even on Eco mode, which I use most of the times.