Used 2011 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Have a backup vehicle
By ByeByeBMW

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned my BMW X3 35i for 3 years now. In that time, I have spent almost $6500 in repairs. It it not a reliable car and I am surprised by this given the BMW reputation. I am looking to get ride of this car ASAP. I will never own another BMW again.

Bought this used with 80k miles on it...
By mark

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

If you're reading this you're buying used... I gave my son my X5 with 170k on it and still running strong. I have a couple of Porsches that I'm trying to keep the mileage down hence the X3... It drives like a new car. It was well cared for and serviced. the car runs strong, smooth to drive and effortless on long trips. The key purchase point for me... it could handle a wet golden retriever full of sand, plants from home depot, bikes and surf board... all or 16k. I'll give this to my one of my kids when it hits 180k...

I love to drive my BMW X3
By Christine Boyer

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

True leather seats, not the Nevada leather (terrible), will make a huge difference in how this vehicle feels as far as quality. I have true leather and have been in the vehicles with Nevada leather--so I recommend true leather absolutely. This vehicle handles so well. I drove some of the BMW cars and I think this vehicle feels better built and more solid. It handles and accelerates every bit as nicely as a BMW car in my opinion and is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is just the right size, not too small or to large. There are few things to dislike. Fuel economy is not great but I wouldn't want the solid feel and weight of the vehicle to be compromised in an effort to obtain better mileage. My only concern is BMW's track record with reliability/cost of repairs. I am simply not in a position to handle the costs involved for the type of repairs I know come up for too many BMW vehicles. I plan to trade the vehicle in after my extended warranty 100,000 miles is up. I would consider another going with another X3 with the extended warranty to cover repairs and maintenance.

love hate relationship
By GoWyo

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the car brand new in 2011. I love how this car drives. Super fun and sporty. Hands down there is nothing on the market to compare to this little turbo six. Hence the love part. The hate part is the water pump going out with only 45,000 miles on it costing me over $1000. to fix. Constantly having battery problems with it in the cold winter, tail lights going out. The mechanic told me to save my money cause that"s how BMW's are. It's a high maintenance car but a blast to drive. It will be going down the road soon and will not be replaced by another BMW. I'm just not into the high cost of the maintenance regardless of how fun the car is to drive.

Worst BMW ever
By Richard m boston mass

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this vehicle use with low mileage only 28,000 miles at 52000 miles I spent over $3,000 and work some of the work was covered under warranty the alternator let go it has a front engine crankshaft seal leak check engine light went on like 3 times and check battery and low control system 2 at the dealership could not find anything wrong with it air flow sensor damage when to replace it with a 2013 but they have a 4 cylinder turbo engine for a vehicle that weight of a 3000 pound what's going to happen 5years down the road I would not recommend BMW to anybody