Used 2015 BMW X1 SUV Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW X1 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X1 model:

Drives Like A BMW.... Sporty and Agile
By Houston Nurse.

2015 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought it as a CPO. One year used. Love everything about it and as it racks up the mileage, it only gets better. Mileage is excellent and it will run just as well on Mid-Grade gas. Mine has no Navigation package so it doesn't have a backup camera. Kind of disappointing considering low end VW and Chevy's have it. But actually don't miss it at all. It's quick. My 0-60 is a nick under 5 seconds according to the track and top end is a nick over 130. Surprising figures considering the book stats, but several dealers have said it's not uncommon. An Amazon roof rack solved any hauling issues. It's compact and easy to drive and park. Dealership service? The one I got it from was/is awful, as are the other two in my area. Pushy, sales oriented and the sheer fact that I have begged and asked for a recommended service interval guide and repeatedly told "the information system will tell you when things are due." Interesting that I was in at 49,500 miles for wind noise (that was later fixed for free by Safelite) and nothing was mentioned about the spark plugs, brake fluid, coolant, cabin filter, brakes and several other "recommended" services but when the oil change was due at 50,600 miles less than a month later I was told "If you would have had us do it before 50,000 miles it would have been free." They wouldn't do the oil change for free at 49500 because it was more than 1000 miles from due and I figured since I was paying for it would wait a couple months and push it. When asked about why I wasn't informed.... "the light wasn't on." I asked what light? Never did see the light BTW. To top it off, NTB said the brakes had at least another 50,0000 miles left. Spark plugs were $200, brake fluid and coolant $200 and cabin filter was OK. The dealer was hitting me at $3600 or so. And for the wind noise, it was the cowl at the bottom of the windshield. They wanted to charge me $666 for it. Took it to Safelite because they did me right on my last car and they found the part for $55 at the nearby BMW place and put it on for free because I bought wiper blades from them. Oh yeah.... the dealer was the one that quoted me the $666. Five minutes labor for over $600? But overall? Love it and would buy the next one CPO.... with a few more miles on it and get a repair contract. They charge for transferring the new car warranty over... so why buy a newer one? Buy a couple years old... get the maintenance package for the same price as the transfer fee. I paid $950 and only got 2 free oil changes. Don't buy new.... the depreciation on these things is incredible.

Beware of BMW X1Goodyear tires
By x1driver63

2015 BMW X1 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Already have replaced 2 in one year. Constantly get an alert for low tire pressure. All four tire alerts recently. Down 2to3 lbs.

I like this vehicle
By James

2015 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Trade in my civic for better power commute vehicle. I am single and my girlfriend living in Boston so in most of scenario I am the only person who driving this Bimmer.i am 5”11, the back seat is comfortable as my front seat in my driving position. The trunk is a bit tight,but I still could fit my inflatable kayak, the paddle (after disassembled), and two life vests plus 16” suitcase. X1 is 3” shorter than my 2015 civic but taller and wider. The steering is firm at low speed I guess that what you would expect from a BMW, acceleration is also sound, more than enough for overtaking at 60. It does have bit road noise but no as bad as my civic. My Interior is beige and I love it, I would recommend the weather package and driving assist packages. Though i only have it for 3 weeks and put around 700 miles on it, I like my X1 very much.

Overall I like it very much.
By James

2015 BMW X1 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Trade in my civic for better power commute vehicle. I am single and dating a lady in Boston so in most of scenario I am the only person who driving this Bimmer. It’s 3” shorter than my civic but taller and wider. The steering is firm at low speed I guess that what you would expect from a BMW, acceleration is also sound more than enough to passing at 60. It does have bit road noise but no as bad as my civic. Interior is beautiful,

Call her Cherry because she is one Cherry vehicle
By Louisa Allyn

2015 BMW X1 SUV sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The vehicle gets incredible gas mileage. I met a guy that said he was getting 37 on the open road. I regularly get 34mpg which is fantastic. Not if I'm punching it and showing off, but when I drive normal and i get about 27mpg locally because I live in the foothills of Yosemite.