Skip to main content
MSRP Starting at
$72,800

Save as much as $6,670
Select your trim:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 M3, so we've included reviews for other years of the M3 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Drive it and you'll love it

LouNY, 02/13/2023
    2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Compared to any other performance car and you will find the best value for money per dollar in the industry. Race track worthy performance with the reliability to match and every feature you could possibly need all inside of a luxury package with all the tech too. No other car is available with all-wheel drive and could run a crazy lap around vir like car and driver has shown. Amazing package and amazing value with BMW service and professionalism as well.

5 out of 5 stars

Let your right foot be your guide

Jason Proos, 05/02/2021
    2021 BMW M3 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

See it in person before concluding you don’t like the front end. The S58 engine is incredible. An all-time great according to a major car magazine.

2 out of 5 stars

Came from a 2021, jumped into a 2023.

Drew Harrig, 12/03/2023
    2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've never been so disappointed with how I spent $100,000, but here I am. Traded in a 2021 M3 Competition RWD for a 2023 Competition xDrive this year and I hate absolutely everything about the new ride. BMW's new iD8 infotainment system is almost enough to single handedly ruin this car. I've owned it for 6 months and I want out BADLY. I wish I had never gotten rid of my 2021

1 out of 5 stars
    2 out of 5 stars
    3 out of 5 stars

My fastest but not my favorite M3

Mark, 06/08/2023
    2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Got my M3 Competition XDrive a few months ago. Frozen Portimao Blue with Blue/Black interior. Beautiful car! Great ergonomics. The G80 rips. 503 hp, and equally important, AWD. This car is a rocket-ship, although its straight six twin turbo doesn't sound anywhere as impressive as my V8 convertible did. Problem? They made the car too big. It is considerably larger than the E93 or E46 I have owned in the past. Although no slouch in the handling department, the G80 doesn't handle quite as well as either of the other two I have had. Criticisms aside, this has got to be one of most impressive cars on the road. It really throws you back in your seat!

doesn't feel like an M3

Mark, 06/07/2023
    updated 12/14/2023
    2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Have had my G80 for about 6 months now. Had an E46 and an E93, so it is my 3rd M3. No comparison for power, the twin turbo straight six rips. This is a very quick car. Because it is a bigger car, the G80 doesn't "feel" as good as either the E46 or E93. It seems to me either one of these older cars turns better than the G80. Great car, but I don't like the size increase. Coming up on a year now. Have had no issues with the car, but still feel the same. They should NOT have made this car bigger.