Used 1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Exceptional luxury car in every way.
By Mr.Dennis

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

In the 8 years of BMW 740iL ownership, mine has been a very sturdy, dependable and reliable auto. Exceptional luxury car in every way, shape and form. Have talked to many other 740 owners, and very rarely have run across a dissatisfied owner. The only complainers are those who bought the cheapest junker possible just to say they own a BMW, and for them, constant problems. Guess what (?), you get what you pay for. If you think you can buy a good used $70,000. luxury auto for only pennies on the dollar, your sadly mistaken. --- Prior to my used 740iL purchased, my son also owned a 740i, and he never had a single issue with his either, ran like a top, perfect the 5 years he owned his. --- Pros: Luxury at its finest. Perfect fit, dependable and SAFE. Timeless styling, always in fashion. Overall I favored my 740iL, over my SL500 for comfort, style and reliability. --- Cons: Quality comes at a price.

This is a car to haul dignitaries around.
By Gregory Massey

Seriously Amazing car. I love this car <3
By gdwhip

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

Super positive this car is the best. Bought this car in 2010 and I've had it for 5 years. I would recommend it to anyone. Girls love the roomy bmw. The leather luxurious interior makes you feel like a boss from the way the steering wheel heats your hands up to the wood grain and super comfortable seats. Everyone that sits inside the car compliments it. I've had numerous people offer to buy it but I would never sell it. The car grows on you. I took out the sound system and installed a beautiful nav gps with aux cord and it get better sound than any vehicle I've ever sat inside. The whole look and feel of this car is the perfect balance of cool and classy.

So many features in that make this car special there's too many to write. Like the heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, the roomy trunk, sun roof, perfect ride, powerful, the car just makes you happy to drive it. This car will last forever with its timeless styling and it's one of the strongest cars on the road.

Get a black one, the car looks exeptional in black. Black leather is a plus too, it doesn't age like white leather does. Also the stock music player in it is dated, I recommend getting one that has had some work to the stereo.

1997 Bmw 740iL Luxury Luxury And Performance
By bmwenthusiast7

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1997 Bmw 740iL Luxury Sedan with 154,000 original miles. I bought it for $1,500 and all it needed was a hood latch. Then I finished it off with fifteen inch chrome and black wheels and a premium navigation system. The power is amazing and it has all the options to make it considered a luxury vehicle. It is simply five out of five stars.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By michaeljr5

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

No doubt, the late 90's 7 Series were by far one of BMW's most beautiful cars ever!
I bought my 97 740i with 175K miles on it.
It's not in perfect condition, it's been a project car.
If you're willing to shop around you can find good parts for really good prices.
I replaced all four struts, upper, lower control arms, tie rods and sway bar linkage for about $1000.
I did all the work myself.
It has that stupid Nav system in it and it doesn't work.
The bugger is that it's not wired like a normal stereo so replacing it is near impossible.

All in all, this one is a rocket ship!
I'd love to drive a new one!!!

Almost 300hp at 176K miles, awesome! Cruises at 85 mph and gets 22 mpg doing it! It is by far just awesome to drive! I've taken it to the stip and have embarrassed a few muscle and tuners with it. No one thinks it'll move.