Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used 6 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Best bang for your buck.

sigma95, 05/29/2011
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

First of all, you have to know what the 6-series is and is not. It is not a canyon-carver w/ it's porcine weight, but a GT rocket ship most comfortable near three-digit speeds on open road. It's the 2nd most depreciating car on the market, so if you find a good used example, snatch it up quick and thank the previous owner for taking the full brunt of depreciation. No problems and smooth. No car for this $ gets the nods, 2nd looks, thumbs ups, and in one case actual cheers, for it's mere presence. If you're a DIY'er, get on bimmerfest and learn the easy maintenance steps and save even more $. Note: 0-60 is nothing remarkable. 60 - 120 is absolutely frightening.

4.38 out of 5 stars

BMW 650i Convertible

monteshere, 04/19/2013
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving a Lexus SC430 for 6 years, the only other reasonably priced car that caught my eye was the Beemer 650i Convertible. I was sold the minute I test drove it. My biggest concern was wind noise through the soft-top. That concern evaporated at 110mph on the freeway. This car is quieter than the Lexus with a hard top!!! Secondly, the car excellerates very well. Almost as well as my '66 Big Block Vette (but it's far quieter). I do miss the 4-speed shifting, but the sport mode while in the manual shift mode makes up for the need to clutch. This car handles like a dream. Lexus, take note: When you hard steer into a corner, the tires don't even while a bit. I love this car!!!

5 out of 5 stars

As always - Excellent!!

Shelley, 08/28/2006
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned BMWs over the years, I love and expect the superior quality, safety and performance these cars always provide. When BMW came out with the 645 I fell in love with the new, bold and innovative design, but it wasn't the time to buy a new car... and there's always a reason why! When I was ready to buy the 650i had been released and I bought my beautiful Monaco blue convertible. It's far and away the best BMW I've ever owned and well worth the wait! I cannot recommend any other car more highly than this one, it's worth every bit (and more) what I paid for it.

4.75 out of 5 stars

so sweet...

LEA, 07/11/2006
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The car is exceptionally beautiful, with clean sophisticated lines. The top is a wonder and absolutely effortless. The car drives like a dream, it never seems to run out of power. It is responsive and surprisingly nimble considering it's size. I will never regret buying this car.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Incredible value

adp, 08/04/2006
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got my 650i convertible with most options in mid-June and it was delivered flawless and has been flawless in the first 2000 miles. The iDrive is easy to use, although boot-up sometimes takes a while. A few minutes with the manuals is worth the time. The 650 is very well balanced and after break-in seems to get better mileage and has better response. I have owned more expensive cars that do not come close to this one dynamically or stylistically . It is not the fastest car, but it is fast enough for me. Lots of compliments on the design. When compared to cars costing over $20000 more the 650 comes out on top, IMO.