Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used 3 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

My torquey dream

Jeff in California, 10/05/2020
updated 04/07/2022
2017 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

A few years back I owned a 2010 Jetta tdi wagon and I loved the torque and amazing mileage. Alas, we found out that VW was cheating on emissions and I had to sell the car back to VW. The last four years I was driving around in a 2016 Acura RDX. It was nice but uninspired. My dream car was the 328d wagon. But this car is a unicorn. They rarely come up for sale and a few years ago the price was too high. Luckily for me I spotted a certified used 328d wagon at my local dealer. Price was great. Mileage was reasonable and I am back in turbo diesel land. How is the car? Its a beemer and handles as you would expect. Sport mode is tight and responsive and even though I am driving a 180hp diesel wagon, it is fun. In sport mode the acceleration is quick and the cornering is great with the AWD. The standard comfort mode is perfect for most around town and highway driving. Not using ecomode much at all. Car is comfortable. With the doors and windows closed, the diesel noise is not noticeable. Once you open the door you won't forget its a diesel. The clank clank of the diesel engine is louder than I recall on the VW. Interior is nice. But as with any BMW, the problem is that if the car lacked various packages you miss out on some key features. The original owner of this specked it without much so I am missing touch to unlock and blind spot monitoring among other nice to have features. Overall I am happy with the car. Update April 2022 - Car now has over 60k miles. Still fun. Averaging 39.6 mpg which is great in times of high gas prices. I had a fuel injector failure last year that was replaced under warranty.

sweet classy car

Ruben, 05/30/2018
2017 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The car looks, feels and drives very nice. This is my second 328d! The first is a 2014 with 30K miles never had issues like both of my 2014 E250 and 2015 Q7 tdi have been at the dealerships for repairs.

Love my M sport 328d x drive Sportswagon

Former MERCEDES GUY, 03/22/2021
2017 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Utility without sacrificing anything on handling. Mport package makes it awesome, Harmon-Kardon sound system is breathtaking. Only complaint is its integration with Android phones is inferior to how it works with Apple Ios.