Used 2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best car I've ever owned
By James Owen

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great acceleration, firm ride, hugs corners, excellent sound system and entertainment controls. A little tight to get in and out of (and I'm 5'10", so much taller would be really tight).

The car they warned you about. They were WRONG!
By Allen Mayberry

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Well, first things first, I pretty much had a good idea what I was getting involved in when I decided on a BMW. I've worked on a few different models in the past, including an engine rebuild and cooling system replacement. I've heard all the horror stories, and read most of these very reviews on Edmunds. There were some doubts placed in my mind for certain! But I ultimately decided to take a small leap.

I managed to find a gently used metallic bronze CPO '13 328i XDrive in immaculate shape from a dealer that gave me more for my Crosstrek than anyone else in the area. So far, the car has been perfect; not one single issue. Except for one small scuff on the soft leather seat...my fault but covered under warranty. Runs great, great mileage, unbelievable handling, fast enough, attention getter...to me it just seems like a good daily driver. Though it is under warranty and I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty, I've already acquired all the tools and knowledge I need to repair nearly everything. I only wish it had a manual transmission. Not a deal breaker, though.

The insurance cost surprisingly is what drove me to this car (pun intended). 2016 Mustang 5.0? 600 bucks more a year. 2016 Subaru WRX? 615 bucks more a year. 2013 328i? 12 bucks more a month than my friggin Crosstrek! I'm only angry I didn't buy a BMW sooner.

Fuel mileage has been stellar. I had to drive from Virginia to New Jersey, about 300 miles or so, for work. Averaged 35mpg's and over 75mph.

In my opinion, if you are the kind of person who can work on their own vehicles, the maintenance costs aren't much more than a Subaru or Toyota. If you're the kind of person that expects a car to go 100k miles with nothing but oil changes...better stick with Toyota.

Performance? Coming from a Crosstrek, it feels like a rocket. Feels just a bit slower than my old Mustang, but MUCH more composed and smooth in the corners. Need more speed? 335i or M.

Comfort? The seats are fantastic! I drove the Crosstrek to Miami from Virginia...once. I was in a lot of pain. Driving the BMW? I was ready to party in South Beach when I arrived.

I will say I personally don't trust a 10k mike interval between services, so I change my oil in between. They're not hard to work on yourself...unlike Audi's.

2013 BMW 328i xdrive
By andy6027

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for 1 1/2 years now, have about 22,000 miles on it. Bought it because I have to commute about 50 miles to work each day, highway driving, and I wanted something that would feel safe (especially for winter driving), comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Very happy with this car. Favourite feature is the engine -- accelerates so nicely, for passing trucks and making lane changes. Built in bolts attachments for a roof rack were a nice surprise, makes it easy to transport my bikes. Bluetooth works really nicely for talking on phone hands-free. No real negatives. Engine seemed loud at first, but I don't notice it anymore. Get the heated steering wheel for cold winters!

I like my older 3 more now
By dubbu2

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I first fell for BMW in 2008. I purchased a 328xi. I was impressed with the sporty and solid road feel, refined-smooth-sounding power, and overall impressive build quality and materials throughout the cabin. I acquired another one in 2011, but noticed a very slight decline in materials...sun visor were plastic-like instead of cloth, and the nifty, cost-saving "Rest" feature was removed.

After driving a 2014 for one month, I'm so glad I didn't trade my 2011. Car sounds loud and odd, feels cheap, and the size of the vanity mirror is smaller. Stereo system quality has declined (lack of depth), and steering feel reminiscent of my grandfather's Buick. BMW has skimped on quality with this one.

-Heads-up display -Improved I-drive display and controls -Smoother over rough pavement, but may compromise sport feel -Improved exterior appearance

Bring back the drive of the 2011 model...it is sadly lost in this new makeup. Bring back the V6, fewer gears, and tighter steering. The new setup has me looking at other brands unfortunately. If I wanted fuel-economy...I'd buy a Prius. If I'm buying a premium vehicle, I'm not too concerned about fuel-economy. In the meantime, I am riding out my 2011 until BMW or some other automaker makes a car I can love again.

Great in Minnesota Winters
By j_walz1

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am really enjoying the car.
I only have 7,000 miles on it so far of mostly extreme cold weather driving and it has been great.
Not one single issue or visit to the dealer so far.

The AWD system is better in snowy conditions than any vehicle I have owned, and that includes a modern Subaru system, a Grand Cherokee, and two Toyotas, (one AWD the other 4WD).
It is very confidence inspiring in snow and ice, the electronic nannies do a great job.

Gas mileage has been surprising for how well the car performs.
In winter at temps of 10 below, still managed 24mpg in an AWD car.
When the temps get about 40 mileage hits low thirties for me but I drive like a sane person.
Excellent car.

Exterior styling, heads up display, decent performance, wonderful AWD, and very good gas mileage.

Allow Sport mode to access gears 7&8 when cruising.