Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

First 400 miles
By FloridaDriver

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new 328i - Montego Blue color is amazing! Surprised BMW does not offer power drivers seat std this year, also they got rid of alarm system std? Agree with another reviewer they need to correct the power outlet in center console that you cannot close lid if wire coming through. Love the wheel design - even though 16" nice design and tires ride nicely. Base stereo could be better but do like HD radio. Impressive gas mileage for 3.0 I-6 with automatic on highway. Rough idle and downshifts are not very smooth..will have dealer check. Very quiet on the highway and comfortable leather seats.

Exterior design and color. Wheel design. Gas mileage is very good on highway. Handling is superb. Excellent brakes. Very stable car.

Better stereo in base car. Design of storage and power outlet more accessible. Power drivers seat should be standard in 30k+ car. Paint finish has orange peel.. could be better quality paint finish at this price. 2nd BMW with this they should work on it.

Fun to drive
By John

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Infinity G37 for a new 328i with sport package and manual transmission. The G37 felt heavy and the auto took too long to downshift. G37 was a nice and fast car but not fun to drive. The BMW is fun to drive.

Manual transmission, handling, steering, road feel, responsiveness.

Cupholders, interior storage space.

New Owner
By Carl

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! What a driving experience. Perfect weight distribution, steering, brakes, smooth stick shift, and overall handling. You must get the stick for the full experience in a 328i as it makes excellent use of the available power band. However, I think BMW can coax another 30 horses and 25 lb ft of torque out of the engine as they do in the X3. The inline 6 is an amazing engine, so smooth and linear.

M Sport Package - totally different car with it! Fat steering wheel, short throw shifter, and M accents are very cool. Bluetooth and reverse back-up sensors are a nice touch and very handy.

BMW totally dropped the ball on the base sound system. They deleted the amp, downsized the subs, and deleted 4 tweeters that USED to be standard from 2006-2009 models. A $41K car and this is what I get? I would have happily paid extra for Logic 7.

I'm not really that impressed
By KW

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife. The sticker was above $37,000 Dollars. For that you get seats that manually adjust to any position but a comfortable one, 16" wheels(!), Bluetooth buttons that are only decorations, you don't actually get Bluetooth and a completely unintuitive radio. Even though the car drives well, I think it's the emperor's clothes.

The new car smell.

Don't put buttons in the car that are not serving any functions. It's insulting

A sign of things to come
By PSC85

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new car. Just leased at Devon Hill BMW. Everyone at the dealer was fantastic. They made me feel that my purchase (or lease) really mattered to them! Now onto the car. Simply perfect for my needs. 25 year old male. I love technology, so the premium and navigation package were a must. I was skeptical about the infamous i-drive system. But I found the new version to be perfectly fine to operate. I almost prefer it to touch screens now because it keeps my arm in a comfortable position. The fit and finish on the car are amazing. I test drove Acura's, Honda's, Ford's, and sat in an Infiniti. My 3 feels like a more expensive car.

Besides everything. -The climate system that has two timers to allow automatic ventilation at user set times (i.e. 15 minutes before you leave for work) -Power-fold mirrors...don't ask why -i-drive -x-drive -the adaptive xenon headlights -the super bright turn signals!!! -The car can take 87 fuel.

Gas mileage. I traded in a VW Rabbit so this is a bit of a change. Although I could just be driving this car harder because it is just so hard not to do!