2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

Tires are defective
By MLDaley

2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had 10 flat tires on the car since I leased it 17 months ago. I am not even driving it much due to fear of getting another flat. On one pothole, 3 tires blew.

Fun car to own and drive
By Thomas P Ewbank

I have owned this 230xi for 14 months and have 11,500 miles on it. I drove it to Fla. accounting for 3,000 miles. I got 34 mpg and it held the road very well. The front seats are very comfortable but the back seats are short on legroom and somewhat difficult to enter and exit. I knew this shortcoming when I bought the car and a 7 yr. old is the only passenger in the back. The performance is excellent and I have had no mechanical difficulties. The service is free for 3 yrs./36 K miles! I strongly recommend this car. (The 2018 is unchanged).

must drive beemer
By Marisa Brao

2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible 230i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

looks great, drives great, makes you feel even better

No active safety whatsoever!
By skobola

2017 BMW 2 Series Convertible 230i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Although BMW provides some of the active safety on other cars, Blind spot detection and surround cameras are not available on 230i Convertible whatsoever. In addition, it hurts that BMW otherwise has it on other cars but not on this model. The worst this for me was that BMW representatives assured me that the car will have all of these active safety options if Driver Assistance Plus is ordered, which came bundled with Navigation system and Premium Package, and which increases the price for additional $4,900. BUT IT WAS NOT INCLUDED!