2015 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Not totally German made!!!
By Jan

2015 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Currently I have 35k miles on the car and found out there was a major timing chain issue, something I didn't expect on a luxury car. Fairly quiet cabin with obvious road noise from the factory tires and progressively get worse as tires wear out.

Q7 2015 the worst
By omar

2015 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

the worst experience i v ever had .... i leased a brand new Q7 2015 back in october 2015 and i have taken the car back to them 8 times!!!! barke problems , from the first day i picked up the car ....windows making noise , wheel bearing problems, wheel alignment and tires off balance, smart key door opener not functioning , squeaking when u apply the brakes, driver side and passenger side molding coming off, tires making very loud noise .... i have all my documents with 8 visits i had and finally the last visit they have hit my car in the service department and i have to t\leave the car 1 week to get fix( bumper and rear bumper light was broken!!!! The service manager is a nice guy but he came up to me saying .. Dear Mr Zahra this is all normal and it could happen to any car u buy !!!!what!!! a brand new Q 7 2015 for the value of $60000.00 and i have to expect this to be normal?!! im sorry this is not normal at all my dear friend. im very disappointed and very shocked

'15 S line Prestige does not come with USB ports
By Stephen

2015 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I'm fairly peeved that I bought a car in 2015 that doesn't have USB ports. Didn't even look because every car I've been in since my '12 Q7 has had them, including every cheap rental. My '14 Audi S7 has them, as did my '14 Silverado. I assumed that there would have been some kind of progression of in the equipment on these cars since 2012. But seemingly, I bought the exact same car again with a slightly different options list. :-)
Seems like an easy thing to work around, but they did not even provide a charger socket in the armrest, just on top of the console, near the shifter. So if you want to charge your phone you can cram it over in the glovebox or have your charger and wiring and phone sitting on top of the console like it was 1996 all over again. It was bad design in 2007 and it's comical in 2015.
I'll have to go to a stereo shop to get wiring run into the armrest. Just like it was 1996. :-)
Enough whining about that oversight.
It's still the capable SUV it was in 2012. Because of the VW TDI scandal, I was unable to purchase the TDI. Which I thought was a phenomenal powertrain. So once I've driven it a while, I will review the new 3.0T more thoroughly. I was expecting it to be sadly underpowered by comparison, but so far I've been pleased with it.
Sadly the back up camera setup has not changed, and compared to my other '14 model cars it seems really tiny and poorly laid out. As I said before, it really seems to be the same car as before but more options have become standard. Or at least more available? Big ones that I didn't get in my '12 are keyless entry and start, and XM traffic info on the nav display. Also, with the S line or prestige package, I got ventilated seats up front and heated seats in the back. The ventilated seats seem to work better than those in my '07 A8. They also offer a black optics package which blacks out almost everything.

2015 Audi Q7 - A pure driving pleasure
By ACS

2015 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Pros: Real pleasure to drive, very quiet vehicle, roomy and spacious, luxury finish and classy interior. Very pleased with the overall performance, styling and technology features.

Cons: Some items are smaller than competition - MMI screen, glove compartment, sun glass holder. Navigation is a little more complicated than the rest. Front camera not part of the parking assist package.

wife loves it..so that settles it
By Happy Camper

2015 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Looked hi and low for a Q7 TDI Premium Plus. Found one and couldn't be happier. Had to take it in for a minor adjustment on the aft sunroof that rattled. Local dealer was very supportive. Yes it might be pricey, but your getting alot for the money. The quality of build, fit and finish is top notch.
(update)several months later and i hardly get to drive it. had to replace aft brakes. easy do it yourself. everything on this vehicle is easy. just do research. transmission fluid is dextron VI. local parts store has lifetime warranty on all parts.
(update update) wife drove my other vehicle and asked if she could have her Audi back. Took Audi on a road trip and actually got a tad bit over 700 miles on a tank of fuel. This vehicle is a keeper to me.