Used 2013 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Great car !!!
By Kris B

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Outstanding performance and handling, supercharged 3.0 engine ( 310 HP) has a lots of power , it sprints to 60mph in just 5 sec , very smooth 8 speed transmission , on twisty road the car handles like it’s glue to the road , getting 24mpg on mixed driving and 30mpg on the highway driving 85 mph, Very reliable so far , expensive maintenance ( $200 oil change is a joke )

Great car
By JT67

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Expensive but the best car I have owned. Fantastic performance and handling in an understated package. My car had the sports upgrades adding to the dynamics. Owned for 4 years, with regular Audi maintenance and warranty, I had minimal problems. Very sad to trade in. Tyres and insurance were expensive.

Overall excellence
By Walter

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Purchased car two years old with 19,000 miles. Two years and 26,000 miles later, I have yet to experience any mechanical failing. It drives great, its MMI system is intuitive and easy to use once you spend a bit of time with it, the car handles and drives exceedingly well, especially for long trips. Very comfortable, with only getting in and out a slight challenge for older folks as it sits low. Some have complained that the 2.0 turbo with CVT lags in performance. I've found it adequate in drive mode with regular gas, giving an excellent 31 MPG on the highway and about 26-27 around town. When rapid acceleration is required, a flick into the Sport mode provides plenty of acceleration. It really is like having two separate engines as it changes the shift points. You'll lose a couple miles per gallon though.In sum, the design, exterior and interior quality, and ride and handling are all very good. The criticism would be the braking, which although decent isn't quite up to the ride and handling of the rest of the car. I've changed the oil 3 times at 8-10K miles, and haven't yet been down a full half quart. Audi service, though I've only needed standard maintenance to this point, though very good is not cheap. When I had to have the 4 plugs changed and the automatic transmission flushed and changed, the price quoted was--are you ready?--over $700! I took it to a good shop and got it done for $400. Hope this helps.

Blown Cylinder @ 48K
By Carson Wilkins

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car seems to eat oil. I bought this vehicle used with 33k miles on it from and audi dealership in peoria az in May of 2016. with in a week of owning it it was in the shop for the o2 sensor. Normal and under warranty so I didn't pay attention. Took it back in on October because i had had to put 2 quarts of oil through. Had an oil consumption study test done. Audi says oil consumption of 1qt every 1.5k miles is normal and not a problem. Fast forward to Apr 2017, CEL came back on, took to dealership and the same o2 sensor was bad again. they couldn't fix it then due to recall filling up their garage. One week later while driving i hit the breaks hard and the car warning lights came on saying that it was out of oil. had to put 1 quart of oil in it right away and took back to dealership. They said it was 1.5 quarts low meaning that my car was 2.5 quarts low without any oil level warnings going off. This car has no dipstick and the oil is electronically monitored. Raised hell about oil consumption and they finally dig a diagnostic. My oil sensor was dead. They replaced it. May 2017 driving to work lost power and the car was stuttering. Took the car to another dealership in scottsdale. 4th cylinder ring failure, only able to hold compression of 35psi, replacing the engine. 48k miles and 2 months out of factory warranty. Audi won't do anything about it...looks bad for them. I bought my wife a q5 from the same dealership after i bought my a6. We traded in her q5 for a lexus nx200t as soon as we started having problems with the a6. So i have a car that bought with 33k miles on it and put 15k highway miles on it commuting in 1 year and the engine is blown and needs to be replaced. Pass on this vehicle. in fact run away.

2-time Audi owner
By Dr. Mike

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Purchased my 2013 A6 prestige used with 31k miles. It has the B&O system and the 20" sports pkg; these 2 options being a must for me. I'm a previous owner of a 2010 Audi S5. I love the utility of the A6, the 4 doors and folding seats. It's surprisingly quick in acceleration for a 4k lb sedan. Yet, it is also surprisingly agile for it's heft, and it's handling is commendable. It feels planted and sure-footed, and I'm definitely a spirited driver. I push my cars whenever I get the chance, driving them to their designed limits! Braking is linear and confidence-inspiring; and the braking prowess of any vehicle is a top priority to me. The looks of the A6 are timeless. The interior is beautiful, with high quality materials. The seats are very comfortable, even for long-term driving. I know, because I'm a Chiropractor. The B&O system is wonderful. I'm an audiophile and love great sounding music. The one complaint about the B&O system is that it should have a drivers' focus option, like the S5. Overall, the best car I've owned. I plan to keep this car for at least 10 years. I love driving this car every day!