Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

10 years of ownership
By Ben E

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

*10 years of ownership* after owning this car for almost 10 years I had decided to write a detailed review on my experience with this 2007 Audi A4 Quattro with the 3.2 engine. 0-80,000 miles absolutely problem free. During that one frame all that was done to the vehicle was routine oil changes (5,000 intervals as I do not personally think going 10,000 is a good idea), tires around 45,000 miles, I always use premium gasoline. 80,000-115,000: around 85,000 miles during service it was discovered that my valve cover gaskets were leaking oil that was around $250 with parts and labor. 95,000 miles I had all brakes replaced (pads, rotors on all four wheels) I ordered parts from Advance Auto Parts for $210 and still currently have them on the vehicle at 170,000 smooth as the Audi brand no need to pay for brand name very little brake dust as well. 112,000 miles I noticed that I could smell a burning oil. So I took it in to see what was wrong, the valve cover gasket appeared to be leaking again. So I had hen replace it once again. 115,000-145,000: no problems at all until 138,000 I noticed little drops of oil on my garage floor. I decided to take it in and was informed that my valve cover gasket looked like it was leaking again and that my rear main seal had a leak. At that point we figured that the actual valve cover itself may be warped. I decided to deal with the small drops of oil as I did not see it necessary to pay almost $3,000 to repair everything. I now have 170,000 miles on the car and it has never left me stranded. The key to keeping this car serviced it to find an independent mechanic that will treat you fairly. I see no need to replace this car anytime soon in the future.

Great Entry Level Sedan A4 3.2 6MT
By T. Lewis

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car for city driving. Plenty of power and easy to handle. Living in Lake Mary, FL and dealing with a lot of out of town tourist you have to be able to react to slow and fast drivers. Like most cities with interstate traffic, a quick responsive vehicle is a must. The A4 with the 3.2L has the power to lane change and pass when needed. I also owned a 2012 S4 6MT and the less powered A4 is just as nimble, I didn't say as powerful, but this little package gets the job done with fun. There are nice exterior modifications you can do to this car which really enhance the lovely design of the B7 series. I really enjoy this car and I think its a great sedan for those who enjoy luxury and spirited driving. The only two things I dislike about the car is I wish it had a 22 gallon gas tank and could be a little quieter. It really is a smooth riding vehicle and I enjoy it a great deal. I have owned BMWs, Chryslers, Corvettes, Porsches, and Volvos, and this Audi A4 is a superb automobile.

Great Car!! 185K
By a4lasvegas

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my A4 2.0T FWD new in '08. It now has 185K miles and still has the original clutch. Maintenance has been: timing belt at 90K, engine hood piston (holds the hood up when open) and the normal - Tires, brakes, Headlights, taillights, battery, ignition coils. The only thing that has ever broken is the latch on the center console. I went from a 2001 Porsche 911 to the Audi (kids got to big to squeeze in the back) and while it doesn't have the HP of the 911 it has been a fun car to drive with fantastic gas mileage. Vegas to LA usually 32-33 MPG at 80mph+

fun performance, great style, reliability, and great gas mileage.

Rear wheel drive would have been fun...but I get it. And handling could be better...but I could have bought a S4.

Meltdown
By czech3

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At around 120k miles I replace the timing belt. The engine sounded more high pitched with a whining sound right aferwards. Several thousand miles later the oil symbol started flashing and several blocks later the engine was toast. The local garage it was towed to thought it was the timing belt. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the oil pump. When Consumer Reports says the A4 models have major engine problems I guess this is what they meant. No satisfaction from the Audi dealer...only blame that I drove it several blocks befor pulling over.

Multiple Expensive Failures before 100K Miles
By jbgjresq

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased car just off lease at approx 52K miles. Car was always maintained by dealer while on lease.
My wife is the primary driver doing a 14 mile RT work commute. Car is maintained in accordance with (or more frequently than ) factory guidelines.

Overall a great car to drive but (big but) the greatness is negated by the following repairs performed by an Audi dealer:

Factory piston tolerance defect resulting in excessive oil consumption. Repaired at Audi's expense (not the case for all A4 owners) only after repeated inquiries to dealer and Audi USA.
Turbo failure @ ~ 74K miles (>$1K)
Transmission Leak @70K miles (o-rings around cable plug) (~$700)
Exhaust system union clamp inexplicably split (not due to physical damage and not a routine repair item - part not available for 4 days)
Thermostat @ ~ 80K (>$700) (had to replace whole water pump assembly)
Dashboard LCD panel failure @~80K miles (~$900)
The above is in addition to all of the routine maintenance (oil changes, filters, battery) performed by an Audi dealer always at a premium (or borderline ridiculous) price.

In summary - "hugely disappointed" in the repair frequency, types of failures, and related expense for a supposedly well-engineered car.