Used 2016 Audi A3 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A3 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Awesome convertible - Tricky transmission*
By Ron Nascimento

2016 Audi A3 Convertible 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first Audi. I had a VW Polo before that I really loved and this Audi rides even better (sure more power, better transmission....). My biggest concern about this car is the transmission while maneuvering. most specifically when shifting from Reverse to Drive, it always makes a funny noise and you can feel that something went wrong. After a while you get used to it and if you are patient enough to wait 3 seconds it wont happen. I was really surprise that nobody reported this issue on the previous reviews. Different from what most people say about not using the back seat, I have a 19 months baby that loves to ride with the top down. Yes, space is limited but you have to keep that in mind and use a larger car on longer trips. The quality of the materials are SUPERB!! Everything is extremely easy to use and perfectly located. Driving it on back roads is an awesome and relaxing experience. The short wheelbase, powerful engine and excellent suspension makes you feel like you are driving a Formula 1. It hugs the asphalt on every curve and the feedback from the steering wheel is outstanding. This is my 2nd year with the car and I'm loving everything about it.

Great but Place of CD poor
By richard stevens

2016 Audi A3 Convertible 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

CD should be like the A5. Putting it inside the glove compartment is poor. The blind or land change light is excellent !!!! The change to your songs is poor. This too should be put in your glove compartment not in the instrument next to your hand. That part should be open to keys etc. My A5 was far better !!!

Love my Audi!
By Talayna Marco

I absolutely love the way my new car hugs the road when I drive. It drives like a dream! The stereo is great too, I can hear it perfectly clear with the top down!

Empty Nesters Love 2016 Audi Cabriolet
By Nathan

2016 Audi A3 Convertible 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wife and I are "empty nesters," making the A3 cabriolet perfect for us. The ride is quiet, sufficiently powerful and "luxury smooth." The standard leather seats are very comfortable. The inside is laid out thoughtfully and everything is accessed conveniently. Car is quite handsome with top up or down and the convertible top is incredibly easy to operate in all respects. The Audi 3 seems to have all the latest technology---as much as I could possibly need and deal with. The ability to leave my iPod home and enjoy all my music from a custom-loaded, tiny sound card is just one of the many very nice little extras I discovered after buying this car.The windscreen is a great standard feature that is remarkably effective in minimizing the wind inside the cabin---wife thankfully no longer needs to put the windows up when the top is down in order to protect her hairdo. Only oddity is that power seats are not available at any price---no problem for us, though, since I am pretty much the only driver. The car is a bit pricey but the quality seems to be there and I've learned that you get only what you pay for. Thus, I'm confident this A3 cabriolet will be a durable and reliable car for us for many years to come. It is truly a pleasure to drive and I'm quite proud to be seen in it.
Twenty Months Post Purchase: I’ve now owned this car for about 20 months and my opinion, above, is confirmed by my 20 months of ownership. One caveat to my opinion: My Audi is stored throughout the winter months. Therefore, my experience is based upon May through November driving, only. I can’t comment on winter performance.
Also, the complementary service included with the purchase of this car is minimal, at least when I purchased it. Only the first oil change is complementary and prices for everything at Audi are quite steep, as they are with most Euro luxury brands.
Nevertheless, all things considered, I’d buy this car again and continue to be very proud of it and pleased with it.

Updating today, 7/2/2018, after two years and a few months of ownership. I store the car in winter and drive sparingly in summer. Thus, barely 5,000 miles on odometer. That said, no problems at all. Still enjoying the car very much. Totally reliable. Learning of its oddities, like when you drop the top, the windows automatically go up, not down! When you play music from the SD card, you have re-check the shuffle option every time you turn the engine off and re-start. You have to spend money to change the brake fluid after two years, even though you have only 4500 miles on the car? Other than such oddities, I'm perfectly pleased with the car and plan to keep it either until things begin to act up or the styling changes significantly. Rumor has it that this A3 cabriolet model and the A5 cabriolet will soon be discontinued and a new A4 convertible will replace both of them. My guess is that if this happens at all, it won't be for at least a few years. Then, I'll probably get the new model. But for now, I'm perfectly pleased with this beautiful red convertible.

Fantastic!
By Carolyn

2016 Audi A3 Convertible 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus S Line 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is classy and so much fun to drive. The A3 is for someone who wants luxury and affordability.