Used 2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Paolo33
By Paolo33

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think that this is one of the best vehicles that I ever owned.

Buying Used but Confused? Buy This Car.
By RWD Fan

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was a great "bridge" car and I always thought it would be a perfect 1st car for a teen or a young family because of the built-in safety and test results. I bought a not-so-gently used low-mileage 2013 with 29k miles - but those were hard miles on this car and it took a lot of detailing to get it back to where I was happy with it. So I can tell you that the interior is VERY durable. The base "pleather" seats are super comfortable and extremely durable - truly some of the most comfortable seats I've ever had. They were punished with sand and spills and I got them back to almost new with the exception of one lipstick-like stain. The interior carpet took a lot of punishment from the 1st owner but cleaned up almost like new. Well done, Acura. Smooth-shifting and quiet with the base technology that was an upgrade for me - I like being able to select "talk to you later - I'm driving" option as auto response to texts. Sometimes couldn't understand my verbal requests. Acura's AC system isn't robust (a previous Acura had the same problem). More of what I loved and why I bought it: durable, good horsepower/weight ratio for quick acceleration, easy exit/entry and the back seats are HUGE for this segment and I needed this to tote my elderly parents around and put their walkers in the back. Much better MPG than my trade-in so that was a plus. But I traded it because I drive 200 highway miles (1-way) very quickly back/forth to see the parents and it has a C-pillar blind spot that you can't adjust the mirrors outwardly far enough to address. And the FWD dynamics are annoying to me when turning and accelerating from a stop. I prefer RWD but I've had a few FWD cars over the years that didn't annoy me like this one did so that combined with the blind spot AND the lack of climate control vents for the backseat passengers (really? in 2013 you can't put vents back there?) I traded it for a very nice gently-used RWD sedan. But hey, it's a great trustworthy car for particular needs and since the 2013-2018 (?) models are virtually unchanged - go buy yourself a nice USED RDX for the price you like since you won't notice much difference between the model years.

Seats Comforts
By Alice Curlis

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure the passenger side can be raised or you have to order one that does. Otherwise my car for the last 5 years has been wonderful.

Great value
By Christopher

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great value to the price. Very quiet inside, comfortable, great handling. I am in search for the replacement and drove new BMW X3, Lexus RX, Jaguar F-pace, Volvo XC60. Never felt bad after getting back to my 5-6 years old RDX from this newer cars and decided to wait for new 2019 RDX.

NECK POPPING ACCELERATION.
By J. G. MOUNTS

2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

IT IS A CAR FOR TALL PERSONS. GREAT CARGO SPACE. POWERFUL ENGINE.