Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great family SUV

A E, 03/21/2021
SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

Only owned the new 2022 MDX SH-AWD for a few weeks and I love this car! Initially, I had test drove the Highlander, Lexus HX350L, Subaru Ascent and this MDX model was the most enjoyable to drive for comfort and engine power. Exterior of the 2022 MDX is elegant but sporty - and looks and drives like a smaller car than the actual dimensions reveal. The front Acura grill is more to my taste than the Lexus RX350. Already gone on a road trip with the 2022 MDX to the mountains (3 hours away) with my family of 4 and two dogs and it was a dream to drive and fun to take on the road. Plenty of room in the 2nd row and 3rd row worked great for my teenager. It was easy for kids and dogs to get to the 3rd row when center 2nd row seat was removed for the trip. Was easy to adapt to the Infotainment system although touch screen would have been nice. However, the Apple CarPlay streamlines everything and obviates the need for an Acura navigation system. Safety features are excellent - cruise control slows down automatically if senses a car is too close in front of you and lane assist was surprisingly effective. Parallel parking was easy with the cameras.

New MDX is nice!

Mclerob, 03/26/2021
SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

I had a 2019 MDX Sport Hybrid Tech, and just recently turned in my lease and got a 2022 MDX Tech. While I miss the gas mileage @5-27 regularly, and overall power of the Hybrid (it was definitely faster) I LOVE the ride of my 2022. It feels so much more planted down with the double wishbone front suspension. I did not like the touchpad when I first got it, but once you sit and set everything up in one shot - it is a lot easier to use. I live for my steering wheel controls and Siri and Apple Car play are wonderful just like in the last one Overall a much better ride for sure. Handles like a dream for such a big vehicle. The Interior finally feels luxurious!!

Disappointed

Jen S., 07/01/2021
SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

We extended our previous MDX lease so we could wait for this 2022. Three days after getting it home, the car started calling onstar emergency. We couldn’t stop it. It just kept calling. Police called us, Sirius XM was alerted and it went on all night til next morning when my husband got in it at 5am and drove over an hour to dealer. A week later the infotainment system malfunctioned with warnings and continues to do so and they say they don’t have a fix. Now the AC isn’t working well. And we got a crack in the windshield and they say all sold out of front windows! All over the country! I’ve owned 7 Acura’s and never had this. Living in MA with a lemon law I would’ve thought it could help but it doesn’t. Owned it 3 1/2 months and it’s been at the dealer shop 6 times for 5 days or more. They said they’re having many problems with the 2022. Buyer beware.

1 out of 5 stars
ad labelAd
Build Your MDX
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • $46,900starting MSRP

4 out of 5 stars

Beautiful and a good ride, but has flaws

Lauren B., 06/30/2021
SH-AWD A-Spec 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

Have owned the 2022 Acura MDX A Spec since March and while I love this car, there have been some issues. Pros: - Beautiful design - Excellent quality leather and suede seats - Smooth and quiet ride - Very roomy 2nd row (haven’t used 3rd yet) - Safety features: if the car senses so much as a bush or a piece of garbage on the ground while you are in reverse it will break for you, and hard. Though it was scary at first and made me feel like I hit something I’ve come to like having that feature- just in case a person, car or animal are actually there in the future. - Panoramic roof is gorgeous Cons: - Gas mileage isn’t that great, though expected for a bigger car (coming from being a Mini owner) - Navigating the info-tainment system takes practice, and is still glitchy. - iPhone randomly disconnects and you can’t reconnect until the car is off. - Bluetooth connectivity is rough, which causes skipping when listening to Spotify/music from phone - Phone charging pad is terrible IMO. I hook up to a USB 99% of the time. The pad will charge for 1-2 minutes and then disconnect. Also you can’t have a case on your phone if you want it to connect - One of the cup holder retractable clamps up front just broke, spring and all. The only thing we put in them are paper/plastic to-go cups. I could see this breaking after years of wear and tear, but not 4 months. - 2nd row AC/Heating vent clamp broke. When I put my purse on the floor in the backseat it brushed against the left vent and broke. My purse was not that heavy, so it must have been the angle it went down maybe. Either way, very cheap vent parts that will definitely break off if a knee hits them sliding in/pushing on them from the middle seat.

Tech Issues

John, 06/19/2021
4dr SUV w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

I really love this SUV. I have a 21TLX and I love the tech on the car and decided to also get a family SUV. The gas mileage isn’t too bad either. (I drive about 65 miles a day 5 days a week and I use about $60 - $70 of gas. It fills up with about $83 with gas prices being upwards of $4.30). The pros to the SUV is it looks nice from the outside and it looks great on the inside. It’s pretty roomy and very comfortable but the 3rd row is really not spacious. It’ll fit kids comfortably but not adults. The sloping roofline makes the 3rd row lack head room. The technology is also quite extensive for not being a top of the line model. I have an ELS system that sounds good but it’s not as good as the 3D ELS System offered in the more upgraded models. It has the ambient light on all of the doors which is nice and the big screen is nice as well. My favorite tech of the car aside from the Acura Watch safety features is the tachometer. It’s fully digital and somewhat customizable though it would have been nice to see it a bit more customizable. I love how the little MDX in the center of the tachometer mimics the lights of the actual car. For example, when you step on the brakes, the brake lights come on on the little digital MDX. Same with the turn signals and headlights. Some other nice touches on the car are the panoramic sunroof, 3 memory seat settings even on the passenger side, rain sensing wipers, wireless charger, and even wireless apple car play. Now for the Cons: it’s. 2022 and it’s a full redesign, so I’ve seen the issues first hand. The screen will reset itself randomly. I have about 5,000 miles and it’s done it 2 times…both when the apple carplay started to glitch out. I even had a key issue once while starting the car through the app. I had to turn off the car and turn it back on with the key. Some other cons is despite it being a lower end model, at the price point of $53k, you would think remote start and fog lights would be standard. I didn’t want to spend an extra $6,000 for the A-Spec just for the fog lights. The wireless apple CarPlay is cool but at random times the audio cuts off for a second or so but doesn’t last longer than 30 seconds when it starts to cut off. This is something I’ve experienced on every wireless apple carplay vehicles I’ve test driven so it’s not just Acura. I tested out a Kia, Hyundai, Cadillac, and a Chevy Tahoe and they all had the same cutting off issues with wireless apple car play. Another con is I’m 6’ 1” so when the seat slides back to let me exit the car, it can hit the knees of the person behind you. It becomes a bigger issue if you have someone in the 3rd row. While the second row moves back and forth to give more space to the rear, if it’s forward the driver seat makes it a very tight squeeze and it makes it harder for the second row passenger to get out. Aside from those issues, I still love the car and the amenities and comfort it brings. I don’t have kids so I can’t give a review based off of how family friendly the SUV is but I do carry friends quite often and we’ve been on 3 trips already with 7 people in the car and it’s not too bad of a ride. Granted I have 2 fun sized friends (under 5’ 2”) and they were fine in the 3rd row.

3 out of 5 stars