Used 2016 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

An Expensive Civic No More!
By KS

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Technology Plus and A-SPEC Packages 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I am quite familiar with the 2013 ILX and it was a great disappointment. The refreshed 2016 ILX is what we expected in 2013, but instead got an expensive Honda Civic. The 2016 feels much more premium and is quieter on the road. The suspension feels tighter and more solid. The exterior refresh is quite nice; it gives it a sportier look, but still looks like a luxury vehicle. The greatest attribute of this car is the 8 speed duel clutch transmission, that is paired with the 2.4L engine. The K24 is already a seasoned and beloved motor and this new 8 speed DCT is incredible. The shifts are smooth, quick, and the rev-match down shifting is addicting. This truly is the best compromise between an automatic and manual transmission. This is my sister's car, which already has 47,000 miles on it and no problems have occurred. That is no surprise, as my dad has an 09 TSX with 95k(never using the required premium gas) and never a repair once. My father is now eyeing to replace his TSX with the ILX A-Spec and I too, will now be in the market for one, as well.

Survey
By Raul Ramon Nevarez

2016 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Complete style

Better than my A4
By I'm sold on Acura

2016 Acura ILX Sedan AcuraWatch Plus Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Was talked into buying a 2016 ILX certified pre-owned with 2,000 miles and it was the best life decision I have made. Premium (leather pwr pass /drvr seats, etc.) Acura Watch Plus fully loaded (not A Spec) with 100,000 bumper to bumper, free roadside assistance, those expensive rubber trunk/floor mats,and 7 complimentary oil changes /tire rotations for $27,000 and 0% financing. It handles like my old 1997 A4 Quattro 6 speed and not like the over priced, poorly designed, bastard-driving Audi's-BMWs-Mercs of this generation. I used the paddle shifters to easily drive through icy conditions and felt incredibly safe. It corners as well as my old A4, looks great, and with the Acura Watch Plus, I feel safer than I did in my large SUV. Use your turn signal and the car tells you everything around you. Forget about the turn signal light on the side mirrors, you don't need it. Rear camera, lane departure, adaptive cruise, brake warning, BLIS, all standard with the Acura Watch Plus. The best part is the driver can not only manually enable and disable, but also modify the settings for almost each feature. Couldn't do that with the Volvo, Audi, BMW or Merc I test drove. Got a job in LA and drove this car I-40 from NC to CA and at one point on cruise control, I looked down and the meter registered 500 miles before empty. Normal city driving is usually closer to 350 miles per tank. Cruising at 90+ felt like 55...so watch the speedometer. The nav system takes about 20 seconds to register once you start the car, but it got me through 2500 miles and not one wrong turn. It even automatically reset the time zones for me. I knew exactly where I was all the time. The complaints about its awkwardness is probably from some professional reviewer who was paid by Volvo. The bluetooth is clean and clear and Siri sync works 99.5% of the time if only Apple would update software more often. If I had to complain, the pass through is right at the wheel house, so it narrows and you lose about 12 inches of space where the seat drops. But I was still able to load the trunk with two 40" LED TVs with oops I forget to pack this in the moving van room to spare. People are really impressed with its comfort and style. I drove 2500 miles in 3 days and the seat was incredibly comfortable. Best part is I laugh when I pull up to get gas and all the PREMIUM UNLEADED people watch their $$$ pour right into their tank. My 1997 Audi was great, but when it needed repairs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and $$. I've owned American muscle cars and European sport sedans and a crappy Nissan Maxima swearing I would NEVER buy a Japanese car again. This Acura is the best car I've EVER owned and I know I will easily and safely get over 100,000 or miles out of it. Shhhh... don't let the secret get out.

Expensive Name with Basic Entertainment
By Monica

2016 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Very disappointed in the hands-free system when in actuality it's Hands-On. You can only dial numbers that are stored in your speed dial other than that you are having to use your phone to dial numbers. While driving your phone book and dialing is not accessible which is the reason why you need these options accessible to you while driving so that it can be hands-free. I feel as though for this car to cost so much that I paid for a basic Ford Focus entertainment system on the inside of it. This car doesn't have a dial pad to dial a number you have to roll the button and push the numbers which is Hands-On. The technology in this car doesn't make sense and is not a safety feature as they say it should be. I feel as though for this car to be as expensive as it is that this Siri radio should have come along with it. But no it's a basic radio station with speakers that are not loud at all and there's no touchscreen to do anything. This is by far the worst car I've bought and wish I would have kept my Hyundai Elantra which features on the inside were so much better than this Acura and I paid 10 - 15 G less. I've contacted Acura numerous of times with only to be told that this will go in a file for my complaints. I sure wish they would give me another car with the features that are basic in other cars or buy this one back. This is a $30,000 car and I am so disappointed in it . I advised them that I would sell them this car back in a heartbeat and now I'm stuck with an expensive car with basic features and a High car payment. So definitely think twice about buying the ILX because you will really be disappointed in the features that they offer you in such an expensive body.
Review: nothing has changed for the better. No room in car and I've almost received ticket due to having my phone in hand for trying to make a phone call because the Calling system in the car is poorly done. I've call the company and they still have not tried to rectify my problem or even offer me a better car from my money. Their attitude is oh well. They may would have helped me If I was of political or entertainment status.

So Very Disappointed!
By Cheryl Steeper

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Wanted to stay with Honda products, having been an owner of Honda or Acura since 1980. Like the exterior styling of this car very much. However, I have a spine condition and find the buckets are too deep and make my back hurt after 30 minutes. Hate the hesitation with acceleration & feel like I'm driving a tank, but need to make allowances here since I am coming for a car that has 260 hp. Wish I had gone for the Navi on upper level package because there is a stupid black screen behind the clock that is distracting. The cabin feels claustrophobic and small. The seating adjustments are not enough. I'm trying to find a seat cushion to fix the bucket issue, but everything pushes my head into the headliner. I've had this car for 3.5 weeks and am counting the days until I can sell it & get something else. I've sat in every Honda and Acura product and only found 3 seats that were comfortable for my back...Honda Fit & HR-V, and Acura TLX. Latter is too big and hated the push buttons (had those on my teenage car and not going back!), car also too big. Fit is OK, but feels like I'm downgrading from old Acura. HR-V was OK, but don't want an SUV. Finishes on interiors of Honda & Acura products really cheaped out now. Still looking for something to replace this Acura ILX. SOOOOO very disappointed in Honda/Acura now. Feeling really let down by this manufacturer.