Used 2005 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo XC90

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Volvo Rating
By BR

2005 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven the Volvo on long drives, around town, and in the mountains. The vehicle is very fast, solid, confortable, and reliable. I had a Range Rover before the Volvo and believe the Volvo is at least its equal at a much lower price.

Favorite Features

Power is very, very, good.

Suggested Improvements

A little more wood on the dash would be nice.

Great Volvo XC90
By PWRD05

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This car is fun to drive, comfortable, easy to maneuver, great to look at, and most important safe. I feel very confident that I have the best protection available in a car. The XC90 handles very well. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. Like all SUV's I wish it had better gas mileage but safety is worth it.

Favorite Features

Love the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Like all SUV's I wish it had better gas mileage.

Volvo SUV
By Mullen

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had a van since 1983, I didn't want to go "low" I liked driving a car/van/suv that was higher up. So when it was time to turn in the van's we looked at all the SUV's out there. The Volvo is the first car I ever loved- -every aspect. I feel safe in it, and it meets all my needs for a car. I tell everyone how wonderful it is.

Favorite Features

back up sensors

Volvo #2
By Dawn

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After driving a cross-country that had worn a path to the Volvo service center, I took a chance on another Volvo. I am so glad that I did, as the XC 90 is a beautiful car that is comfortable and fun to drive. It is well-suited to my small frame, and is extremely comfortable for the kids in the back. The power is not as impressive as some of the V8's that I tested, but its more than enough to put me ahead at the traffic lights! I do wish they were more creative with spaces for cell phones, sunglasses, etc. The location of the cruise control button drives me bonkers, as it sits right where my finger hits it when I hold the wheel. All in all I just love the secure feeling of a Volvo.

Favorite Features

Extra seats in rear, very comfortable seats in the front, beautiful exterior, automatic wipers

Suggested Improvements

Move the cruise control button!

My 2nd Volvo
By NMF in Indy

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I always said when Volvo came out with an SUV, I'd have one. So, when it became necessary for me to trade in my old SUV, the first place I looked was Volvo. The entire experience of putting together what I wanted, right up to the delivery which was earlier than anticipated, was great. I've owned 3 SUVs prior to the XC90 and I can honestly say it far out ranks the others in most areas. My only criticism would have to be on the placing (and lack) of cup holders. Everything else gets pretty close to top marks.

Favorite Features

Actually, I have 2 favorite features. The heated seats and the heated rain repellent exterior mirrors. There is nothing worse than driving in the rain and not being able to effectively use your exterior rear view mirrors. But, Volvo has now solved that.

Suggested Improvements

More & better placement of the cup holders. And, a seat belt adjustment where the belt can be raised/lowered on the side wall for different heights. Also, auto dimming exterior mirror on the passenger side. The glare can be horrible and blinding