My 5th Volvo Wagon, My Last.
By Endicott on
2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I've been a follower of Edmunds for many years, read many reviews, have had several higher end cars. Volvo has changed and I'd love to talk to their CEO and tell him about the fall from grace. The new 6cyl. engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is too loud at cruising. Great seating. The transmission jumps when you are at idle. Several trips to the dealer for software upgrades; the Volvo tech also had it jump forward without applying the gas. My wife has an 08, five cyl. and is much quieter. Gas mileage is terrible- only 21 avg. on highway. This is not the Volvo of the past.
Favorite Features
Seats are very comfortable. Higher clearance in XC is enjoyable. MP3 and USB hookups are good. Blis system is good, bending headlights okay but nothing too great. Only 5,000 miles and already 4 trips to dealer.
Suggested Improvements
The daytime light options are not good. You can't opt for no lights and still have automatic shutoffs- so you have to turn them off manually. If the Ford boys screwed up the engine noise what's next with the new owners? All wheel in snow is okay but not as good as my X-type Jag.