2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
This is an excellent Automobile strong.
By XC70 on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive on the parkways & Interstates weekly great Highway car comfortable great ride but one drawback is I only can get about 24mpg on the open road around town milage is poor. This is my 1st volvo and will never own any other car again its strength in incredable. The service is also very good I have brought the car to a dealer in Riverhead longisland didn't even by the car from the and recieved excellent service

Great Wagon
By Thom Walsh on 09/06/10 13:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As a satisfied owner of a '99 XC70 I purchased the '09 because of all the incentives. What a great wagon! Fast, comfortable, spacious and fun to drive. A big improvement over the "99. The 3.0 Turbo is a blast and the transmission is a seamless partner. Handling is considerably better than any SUV I tested. Considering the weight of this wagon and the horsepower, the gas mileage is fantastic (21mpg).

Solid Choice
By A.R. on 02/20/10 22:02 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the XC70 T6 to replace a Passat wagon that was totalled in a car crash- both kids inside. Not as sporty and fun as the Passat, but all of the practical features surpass it easily. The higher ground clearance is great for our winter climate, the AWD is reassuring and the T6 is great for hwy accelerations. As a family with two small kids, the cargo space is excellent and getting kids in/out is easier than in the lower Passat. Fuel economy could be better, but my kids' safety is worth it, especially after our accident. Great interior space for tall/ leggy people too.

Lucky lucky Lucky
By London Kiwi on 02/05/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lucky enough to live in the Uk, so bought a 175Hp Diesel 2wd variant. lose the all-wheel drive, but gain excellent fuel economy (average 38MPG with mostly around town driving) still have the luxury touches (Leather upholstery, heated seats, build in sat-nav etc) Love it love it love it

The car just 'fits'
By Steve on 09/17/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car if very comfortable to drive. Very solidly built. Quieter and more comfortable ride than the 2006 that I really really liked. Every time I drive the thought "this is a pleasure" comes to me.

Nice hauler and 21 mpg!
By Pete in Golden on 09/09/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a demo T6 (4600 miles) to replace our well-used '98 XC (145,000 mi). After shopping the Audi A6, BMW 530xi and Passat 4Motion, we came back to the Volvo due to its edge on cargo size (and utility) and our previous experience with the XC in the snow. We drive the Colo. mountains every weekend in the winter and the Volvo (with snows) is impossible to beat: goes where you point it and stops when you want it to -- inspires a great deal of confidence in bad conditions. The reviews I read about the car's mileage gave me pause, but I'm happy to report that we're getting 21 mpg in mixed driving (with a cargo pod always on the roof). (Same mpg more or less as the smaller 98 XC)

Couldn't be better, very solid car
By lahavespecial on 07/09/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We test drove an XC90R and the XC70 T6, the T6 was buttery smooth, faster, and more refined. Completely outclassed the XC90. Initially the auto trans. was jerky at times and sometimes shifted sluggishly, but after 3 months, we didn't notice it at all, completely smooth. Mileage in the beginning averaged close to 13L/100km, but now is close to 10.5, after 17,000 Km's, and getting better. This is a very solidly built car, tough, comfortable, builds confidence.I can stand up after 9 hrs driving and feel no back pain! Great winter car, with full winter tires, confidently passed many lines of tailgaters on snow covered highway. Reliable, not one issue to date! AWD engages effortlessly, Ex. in snow

Solid like always
By rovermark on 07/06/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very nice car overall - the T6 is a wonderful engine. The car is very solidly built, very comfortable, quite, upscale in interior material. Also I really love the fact that Volvos are a class by themselves - not the common snob badge that is Mercedes and BMW that people buy to satisfy their egos and that every Tom, Dick and Harry has. Good car all around - and this is from someone who actually owes it.

Outstanding
By mark on 06/21/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just about perfect in every way. Looks good, drives like a luxury car, lots of power, quite, and large. well thought out vehicle.

A surprise
By Michael on 05/13/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We already own a 2002 XC70. We decided to get another car and the wife decided she was only getting another XC. The 2002 has been the least hassle car we have owned. We have had a Chevy die in a toll booth, chryslers with ABS computer problems, Jags with various quirks. The only problem with the 02 was a stuck filler door fixed under warranty. I was leery of the reported fuel mileage and can state that to get to 18mpg one has to be going 87 mph. This was the surprise. Normal cruise at 72 mph yielded 25.4 mpg. By the way the T6 goes like stink. The wife is already looking for Mustangs to put the hurt on. I'll be adding further reviews as the mileage adds up. 400 miles so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon in VA is:

$78 per month*