Used 2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo Xc70 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

This is an excellent Automobile strong.
By XC70

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive on the parkways & Interstates weekly great Highway car comfortable great ride but one drawback is I only can get about 24mpg on the open road around town milage is poor. This is my 1st volvo and will never own any other car again its strength in incredable. The service is also very good I have brought the car to a dealer in Riverhead longisland didn't even by the car from the and recieved excellent service

Favorite Features

The stereo is superb. The handling is also excellent

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel Economy Does the car come in a V8

Great Wagon
By Thom Walsh

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As a satisfied owner of a '99 XC70 I purchased the '09 because of all the incentives. What a great wagon! Fast, comfortable, spacious and fun to drive. A big improvement over the "99. The 3.0 Turbo is a blast and the transmission is a seamless partner. Handling is considerably better than any SUV I tested. Considering the weight of this wagon and the horsepower, the gas mileage is fantastic (21mpg).

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, Bliss, Park Assist, seats, space, warranty and scheduled maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

More active information (oil pressure, water temperature) on instrument cluster. Thats it!

Solid Choice
By A.R.

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the XC70 T6 to replace a Passat wagon that was totalled in a car crash- both kids inside. Not as sporty and fun as the Passat, but all of the practical features surpass it easily. The higher ground clearance is great for our winter climate, the AWD is reassuring and the T6 is great for hwy accelerations. As a family with two small kids, the cargo space is excellent and getting kids in/out is easier than in the lower Passat. Fuel economy could be better, but my kids' safety is worth it, especially after our accident. Great interior space for tall/ leggy people too.

Favorite Features

It is very practical, but also elegant. The interior fit/finish is beautiful and simple. Proves its worth on wintry roads. It's a beautiful tank and we enjoy it.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. But don't let that stop you. It is a heavy car, which makes it a safer car- it will use up more fuel because of this.

Lucky lucky Lucky
By London Kiwi

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lucky enough to live in the Uk, so bought a 175Hp Diesel 2wd variant. lose the all-wheel drive, but gain excellent fuel economy (average 38MPG with mostly around town driving) still have the luxury touches (Leather upholstery, heated seats, build in sat-nav etc) Love it love it love it

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy Solidity Styling Quietness Features

Suggested Improvements

slightly stiffer suspension could be done without sacrificing ride comfort I think

The car just 'fits'
By Steve

2009 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car if very comfortable to drive. Very solidly built. Quieter and more comfortable ride than the 2006 that I really really liked. Every time I drive the thought "this is a pleasure" comes to me.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats, the blind spot info system and the phone setup. Great luggage room and very attractive interior.

Suggested Improvements

Halogen headlights and a cross bar system like Subaru's should be standard.