The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
By gorj on
2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I have recently purchased a 2007 Volvo C70 with only 32,000 miles and loaded with all the Volvo options. I am a life time Volvo owner with almost 2 million miles on them. That said, I am a very open minded critic of all vehicles. I have never had a new, off the showroom floor, Volvo. I have also never had a lemon Volvo. I maintain my vehicles well and correct issues before they become problems. I feel the C70 hardtop convertible, is very good on the eyes - I receive a lot of looks. For my type of driving it has all the performance and handling I want. Although seven years old, this C70 looks showroom new, which says something about the quality of the material and build.
Favorite Features
For me, Volvo's have always been reliable and this C70 is no exception. In the first seven years of its life it has had no breakdowns with only battery and tires replaced along with scheduled maintenance. The upgraded sound system is fantastic, one of the best auto sound systems I have ever heard. The upgraded 18" wheels and low profile tires really grip the road. But the "gee wiz' aspect of the C70 is its hardtop convertible. When going up or coming down it is art in motion. And it does not leak when up. Even with the top down the trunk still has space for luggage. It is too bad Volvo has ceased production of the C70 in 2013.
Suggested Improvements
Volvo has always been a tic or two behind the latest technology and it is so for this C70. The optional navigation system very outdated - even for 2007. For a $2000 option it is nowhere near the quality of my $125 Garmin. But the voice in it sounds human! The door pockets are not deep and are very shallow. There is no place to store CD sleeves. By the time you store the car manuals, there is little room left in the glove box. The interior fit and finish is crisp and clean but not up to the quality of a luxury sport vehicle. The radio is not up to par with the sound system. My Nissan pickup has better reception. Volvo service is very pricy.