Used 2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Love my New Beetle!
By Karen1963

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I wanted this car for a long time before my husband bought this one for me as a surprise Christmas gift in 2007. It is so easy to drive, and the seats are a good fit for me. I have the automatic, so the gas mileage isn't the best, but I really love the experience of driving it every day. This is the best car purchase we have ever had and I will likely own this car the rest of it's life!

The New Beetle is so distinctive and the salsa red really gets everyones attention. I just love the way it looks!

I would love to get better gas mileage and I think the car is very reliable, so the warranty should last longer.

A Slice of Heaven in every Ride
By Ireland3

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the yellow SE in July and have been driving it everyday just smiling. The handling is great,and the seats are comfortable. I just love all the fun it is to simply go anywhere now in my new "Sunflower Yellow" bug. Gets tons of compliments and fits in the smallest spots. I updated mine with "daisy" steering wheel covers, flower vase, license plate, and seat covers for an even cuter look.

The way it handles, so smooth and secure, the color, and the shape of the car. The gas mileage is average esp. since it contains 6 airbags and has a big engine.

A door for the back seat passenger to get in easily. Maybe one that opens to the back of the car, and rear windows that open also.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Terrence

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I shopped for a small car that was comfortable and has good visibility in all directions, VW won. This car looks small from the outside, not so when you get in. With tilt and telescopic steering wheel and three way adjustable seats, comfort comes easily, making entry and exit a breeze. Tiptronic is fun, the heated seats are hot, 6-disc CD changer/Sirius is cool, 17" low profile tires give it a great look. Lots of head room too. I got triple-white and love it. I threw out the flower holder.

Comfort, radio, tiptronic, interior.

Fold-down rear seat without taking out headrests.