Yes, it is fun to drive but not comfy.
By buggy tag on
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
I bought the car for the fuel economy and the looks. I have a large SUV and wanted something else to run around in to save gas when I am not hauling tons of kids. I get around 29 mpg both highway 60% and city 40%. I can't get the fuel economy that is stated. I am not a lead foot either. Check this before you buy one. This car is really meant for no more then two people in terms of comfort. I would hate to take a trip in this. The seats are not comfortable at all. They need to build them like domestic seats are built here. Teens hate the back seat. Up to 13 years is O.K. but isn't comfy. Also my dash and handles are peeling the top layer already, I'm not hard on vehicles.
Favorite Features
I love the room inside. It is a compact car but with penty of room and I can park where others can not. It has been a reliable car as well with very few problems.
Suggested Improvements
Give it better seats! I wish they would check MPG before they sell them, I am very dissappointed at the fuel usage. My SUV gets better MPG than was on the sticker. The interior is cheap.