2009 Volkswagen CC Consumer Review: No Longer a VW Amabassador

2009 Volkswagen CC - Consumer Review

Luxury Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

No Longer a VW Amabassador
By bulldogj on

2009 Volkswagen CC Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loved CC in beginning. Work in sales so lot of people see car & commented on. Couldn't take after purchased bcause recall 4 seat wiring. Washed car 1 week later & window leaked due to seal. Then trunk would not close. All warning signs 4 things to come. After no warranty due to miles: dashboard around ignition & glove box started bubbling & peeling. Then trunk would not open. Wire harness broke no obvious rodent chewing that caused it; cost $250.00. Recall steering column console Aug 11. Sept: steering wheel locked & couldn't drive thought due to recall. Nope, diagnosis rack & pinion issue not related to recall - VW svc est $1600.00 plus $80 tow. Sales colleague was buying; no more!

Favorite Features

Looks of CC and gas mileage were it's best features.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality. Never had these quality issues with any Nissan or Toyota I have ever owned. Still have a 96 Nissan Maxima with 297,000 + miles we still drive that has only had the starter replaced outside of normal maintenance items. In fact my husband is driving it while I drive his truck due to my VW being repaired. Thought German engineering was better than this. I do drive a lot of highway miles, but the car is serviced regularly and garaged so it is taken care of an not abused.