Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best Truck I have ever driven.
By Eissac337

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with this truck...best car-buying decision I have ever made. I know other people who also own tacomas...we are all very much satisfied. I have never needed warranty service thus far.

Favorite Features

Off road...4 wheel drive...great for the winter. I drive a lot through the snow and have never had an issue.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders kinda suck...but the truck's reliability totally makes up for it.

19 years of tacoma
By sn00py1680

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started rideing in the tacoma series of from 1985, and started to drive that same truck in 2000, and recently purchased the 04 Tacoma. What is most surprizing is that both trucks drive exactly the same, even with the 19 year differnce in age.... Good job Toyota

My First Truck
By monchichi

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a truck that has SUV plus pick- up truck characteristics combined for a great price. Nice looking truck with handsome exterior features. Especially, silver. This truck has the ability to haul up to 6,000 pounds and is pretty good on fuel. This is my first car, and I love it with a passion because it's reliable, sporty, rugged and sturdy. IF you want a car for a great price and if you like a SUV and can't afford it, then this one is for you. I love my 2004 Toyota Tacoma and would recommend for anybody out there looking to buy a truck but not spend and arm and a leg for it.

Favorite Features

Has luxury features of a sedan (i.e. power windows, locks, cruise control, keyless remote access, cd player). Truck boasts a 6 cylinder 190 HP engine and it's great when you need that extra kick. Great for kids. Can fit up to five passengers. Love the extended bed accessory.

Suggested Improvements

Poor clock placement on driver's side. There is no "door open" indicator or "headlights on" indicator. Head rest is too flimsy. Shoud be a lock on the glove compartment. Too many cup holders. There are 4 in front and 2 in the back. Maybe make a space for a tissue box.

Week one
By Ragin24

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine over the weekend and was off on a road trip that put on just more that 500 miles. I can only hope that as the motor breaks in, the mielage will increase as I wasn't impressed by what I did get in that dept.. I'm sure it's due to breakin time needed. Comfort was pretty good overall. I wish it had a lumbar adjustment though. What can I say about the styling that hasn't been said already. This thing is a nasty looking truck. I know I'm going to love owning this this. No more full size p/u's for me.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar supports and adjustable seats

Toyota Tacoma 4wd, V-6
By Jefft

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck seems highly reliable. I miss some of the creature comforts that my wife's Bonneville SSEI has. But overall, a very solid, dependable truck.

Favorite Features

Frankly, my favorite feature is that it holds it's value.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like an in dash muliti disc changer, compass and outside temp gauge. Power seats, power sliding rear window.