2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Never Quits!
By Grizz12 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my truck for almost a year now, and it has given me no problems! Previously, I owned a decked out Nissan Frontier and there is no comparison; My Tacoma which I had outfitted with Toyota's TRD supercharger produces 265 horsepower approximately which kicks the heck out of my previous rig... I just love driving this truck, I've never been stuck, the 4wd is the best I've ever owned and the supercharger helps. Only bad thing, you can't get the supercharger factory installed, you have to go through your dealer. However I got a great deal, never take the first offer is a good tip guys! I recommend this setup big time, it is a great vehicle!

love to drive my toyota truck
By jason bowden on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the truck looks great.i drove many trucks before purchasing this model.even against full size tucks this had the most rear legroom.with a bed cover i get almost 20mpg in it.i think the seats are very comfortable,much better than the honda i had previously.the trd package is definitely worth the money,and i haven't had any trouble with the truck.

great truck!!!!
By stevestruck on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Maintenance free!!! This is the fifth truck Ive had since 1984. All you do is change the tires when they wear out and put gas in it. run run run. Had a ford ranger. You get what you pay for. Now when I see a ford ranger on the road I think: "You Fools!!!!". I took one over to Germany in 1995. drove it all over Europe. Put 60k miles and sold it for more than I paid for it new. They really keep their value and evryone knows their quality. I have seen and experienced the proof. I will never go to another truck, unless its a Tundra. Thabnks toyotsa for building a great truck.

Great TRUCK
By sccrchick on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my truck. I always wanted one and now I have one, I am so happy. I cant wait to get another one so I can have two great toys to play with.

Best of trucks:Toyota
By trotter.3 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When I see a Toyota add, I wonder why it doesn't push Toyota's greatest point: reliability. I know it will get me where I want to go. It starts every time, and requires minimal maintenance. When others tell me of car problems, I ask: what make is it? Why don't you get a Toyota? The last trip I made to my mechanic, I asked him to give my truck a good look over. I have 85000 miles on my truck. My mechanic came back and told me my Tacoma is in excellent condition. I wasn't surprsied. As a loyal Toyota customer, I'll never have any other make than a Toyota. You might, say I'm in love with my Toyota.

Very Poor Fuel Milage!
By MyToyTac on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been looking at the Tacoma for a while now. I loved the look and I test drove several Pre-Runners. I got it about a week ago. I didn't know that it would get such poor gas milage! I am NOT hard on the thing, never driving it over 70mph on the HWY. I even put the cruise control to try to stabilize the fuel econo, we shall see how it works. Over all I love the look and the feel of the truck! Hate the gas milage! I'm only averaging 16mpg, HELP!

i love my toyota
By jenay on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

i love this truck becuase it has all the 4wd capabilities without the 4wd price and insurance costs. i get so many looks when im driving it, and it is just so fun to drive.

A Girl's Favorite Toy
By Dayna on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the best!!! I take it off road just about every weekend (on the beach). It rides so good! Keep on making them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By sqwrilytaco on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was a repacement for my much- loved 1990 4Runner. Line-X'd and Snugtop'd This is my daily driver and gets me to the snow (almost) every weekend. The 3.4L engine is much more powerful than the 3.0L that was in my 4Runner. The truck has more than enough power, and climbs the Sierra's like a gorilla climbs a tree. The DC has enough room for everybody -- my friend who's about 6'2" 250+ fits comfortably in the backseat rather easily. The short bed is great for manuevering thru the parking lot at work, and has more than enough space for all my weekend gear (snowboards).

Best truck for the money
By T.K. on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Toyotas cost more, but over the long troublefree life of this truck, it's the cheapest 4x4 on or off the road. I finally blew a head gasket in my '94 2wd at 225,000 miles. I'm getting it fixed, but decided to step up to a new 4X4. So many improvements! I know I'm going to love my new Tacoma.