2009 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love the RAV4
By Brio on 12/22/08 13:49 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my RAV4 last week, just before 2 major snowstorms hit upstate NY. The RAV4 handles deep snow and slippery roads as though they are dry pavement. I'm averaging 24 mpg. Great car! (so far).

2009 Limited RAV 4, FWD
By Mike ---Idaho on 12/17/08 23:24 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my wife's 2008 RAV4 for this 09 with the nav system. We had the Everglades Green on the 08 and my wife loves the Barcelona Red on this 09 Limited.

Bought in November 08
By CalBears on 11/23/08 11:42 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is great, much different than what you would expect when you hear Rav4. Toyota has really refined the vehicle. I have the vehicle with the Leather and Sport appearance package. This package takes the spare tire on the back away and includes run flat tires instead (Looks much better than the other models and new for 2009).

2 WD Limited 4 CYL
By David on 11/16/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been getting 28 MPG with mixed city and highway driving. The power is fine even with the 4 cyl engine. My last vehicle was a 2005 4Runner and the interior head room even with the moon roof is much better than the 4Runner. The Bluetooth hands free stereo is a must. The backup camera is a waste (too small). A back up beeping sensor is much more useful. The only quality issue I have found is a clunking sound shifting from reverse when the engine is cold. This appears to be a common problem with the Rav4. The interior room with the seats flat also rivals the 4Runner. The only thing the 4Runner does better is off road. By the way a 6 cyl 4Runner with 4 wheel drive averaged 20 MPG.

NEW FLEET AUTO
By Trish on 10/30/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my only option for an all wheel drive fleet car. This is the base model, so I know upgrades would help. It is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. I am a healthy person with no back issues, but this seat, with no lumbar support, caused a lot of lumbar discomfort. The suspension is terrible. I can rotate the steering wheel three inches in either direction, and no response from the SUV. It is cute in appearance, but I am very disappointed that I have to spend the next three years in this automobile.

Best small SUV
By Fabb on 10/28/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best small SUV, Rav4 is easy to park, fun to drive, nice interior I loved the trunk space.

Exciting and solid but...
By Andrew on 10/02/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, the V6 really has some kick, yet on the interstate the 5 speed automatic transmission gave great performance and great economy. Handling is solid and predictable with a nice balance between capable SUV and commuting car (mostly commuter car). There is huge internal room, but it is still quite quiet on smooth pavement. On rough pavement it becomes noisy pretty quickly. The interior controls are all easy to use, but the steering wheel controls are not lighted at night so I will have to learn to blindly operate the Bluetooth controls. The radio controls on the wheel were easy to adapt to though. The exterior is not much changed from older Rav4. Just a few cosmetic changes.

Powerful performer
By alan on 09/16/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a V6 Limited RAV4 to replace a 530i BMWi. I wanted something to perform better in the snow, and I think I have found it. This car is every bit as explosive when you hit the accelerator and it has the benefit of AWD. And the price is right! Handling is superb, cornering is fine and braking is very good. Great combination of features. All in an appealing skin of sheet metal.

Perfection?
By Rav4 Driver on 08/15/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was probably the best car that I've ever owned/driven. The Rav4 has everything that you would want or need in a vehicle! Excellent gas mileage at 23 mpg, the best in its class. Very peppy and a tonne of fun to drive! We had a Subaru Tribeca before this, which was OK. But this Rav4 has really shocked me. I want to drive it just for the fun of it! This car really makes the 2 hour drive into work to downtown Ottawa really worth it. Thank you Toyota for designing the perfect car for mostly everyone's needs and all of their wants!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$96 per month*