2007 Toyota Prius 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Fuel efficient

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Fuel efficient
By subarudavis on

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

30k miles on the car now, running strong. I like the car, it has good audio, comfortable seats (not electric though), roomy, and most of all its economical to run. My insurance gives me a break because its a hybrid, I pay a lot less for gas, and it is reliable. These features save me money but I am a little angry at toyota for making it so hard to change headlights, I had to bay a few hundred because the whole front bumper needs to be taken off to get to the HID lights on the touring model. No mechanical issues, one electrical issue with cd player not working, and the GPS is horrible. Not very fun to drive and not powerful. I get about 45mpg overall.

Favorite Features

MPG, engine and drivetrain reliability, economical to drive.

Suggested Improvements

expensive replacement parts and operations, bad handling, bad acceleration.
By tatters
on 01/24/15 06:37 AM (PST)

Go to You Tube and find a video on how to change a light bulb. It is easier than removing the whole front bumper. I did both of mine on my 2007 Prius for the cost of the bulb. (about Ten bucks at NAPPA). It is a little tricky the fist time and you have to remove a small cover but you can reach your hand to the back of the headlight assembly and remove the rubber cover and put it in that way. I hope this helps. Don't pay the dealer for that!