2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Good, efficient transporation
By benson11 on 01/02/13 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is good for what it is intended, getting from point A to point B. It is definitely not a sports car or the ultimate driving experience. It is great on gas and gets better mileage during the summer (when it is hotter). I am afraid to bring this up to the snow since it is somewhat under powered (for the higher elevations) and it isn't all wheel drive. Overall, this is great, practical transportation.

Fuel efficient
By subarudavis on 07/25/12 00:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

30k miles on the car now, running strong. I like the car, it has good audio, comfortable seats (not electric though), roomy, and most of all its economical to run. My insurance gives me a break because its a hybrid, I pay a lot less for gas, and it is reliable. These features save me money but I am a little angry at toyota for making it so hard to change headlights, I had to bay a few hundred because the whole front bumper needs to be taken off to get to the HID lights on the touring model. No mechanical issues, one electrical issue with cd player not working, and the GPS is horrible. Not very fun to drive and not powerful. I get about 45mpg overall.

260,000 miles, no rattles, no creaks, no maintenance
By priusenvy1 on 02/21/12 18:42 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven a lot of great cars but this is by far tops. 260,000 miles, and not one creak, rattle or squeak..and that includes the brakes. I have never even had to change breaks or turned rotars, and my car drives perfectly straight still. Using engine to break and recharge battery saves the brakes!! Power is great, I can pass and go 90 mph if I wanted and engine has no straining. Oh and I have never had a tuneup either. My leather seats only have a side split in drivers seat, leather steering wheel still looks new. Dont be fooled, it's spacious and comfy. I am 6'1" and used to have back aches from driving so much, but this car's smooth ride has changed that too! Has saved me a fortune!

Close but not cigar
By cheapdeep on 12/30/10 22:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really wanted to like the Prius but ended up trading it in about a month after buying it. It drives like a golf cart but I'm ok with that. What really bothered me were some missing features and the ergonomics. This is a bit of an exaggeration but it felt like I had to press 3 buttons to change the radio. While the touch screen is cool and futurisic, nothing beats a button for functionality. Nothing on this car was intuitive. I constantly felt like I was doing a science experiment. And the transition between the electic motor and gas was not smooth.

it's okay but ...
By sparkyshan on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We originally purchased this for my wife. We have since bought her a new car and I inherited it. I am 6'2" and I have found that the seat does not go back far enough for me. I am too close to the steering wheel for comfort. For short rides, it's okay, but anything over an hour and I am uncomfortable. Does get good mileage, which helps. To be honest, if I weren't upside down on the amount owed vs value, I would sell it and get a Subaru Outback.

Very Happy
By Angela on 09/07/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the car Toyota Certified w/50,000 miles. I have put 10,000 on it since. The car has been surprisingly good. I was really afraid to make this purchase after reading some reviews but I am really glad I did. I have had no trouble at all, scheduled maintenance is minimal and I LOVE the gas mileage. Keep in mind it is a small economical car but loaded out nicely it is great going down the road.

Gas Mileage/Reliability
By mark.k on 05/31/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 Prius Touring model with Navigation is excellent in two areas: gas mileage (EPA 44-48) and reliability. People should not expect it to drive like a sports car, to ride like a luxury car, or to perform like a high clearance 4WD SUV in winter conditions. However for what it was designed to be, it is a very good car. Just don't have unrealistic expectations and you will be very happy with a Prius. I have also owned an Avalon and two Camrys and they were very good cars.

Great, great car
By jed on 05/08/10 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. Comfortable, fun to drive, fascinating to use such a progressive vehicle. In Vancouver Canada, these things go for two hundred thousand miles between brake pad changes. I shake my head when trolls on this site trash the Prius. Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) turns many North Americans off these cars. "10,000 batteries need replacement every few years". "Emergency workers die from electrocution when getting survivors out of Prius wrecks". An Industry funded "study" that showed Hummers were more environmentally friendly than the Prius based on the most ridiculous assumptions i.e. Hummers last 300,000 miles but the Prius lasts only 100,000?, etc,etc.

Not What I Expected
By New England on 03/01/10 08:42 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased new in early '07, & was initially disappointed car only got 38-39 mpg. Salesman didn't mention anything about needed to learn to drive differently, or art of hypermiling. No one said this when they were hyping 61 mpgs on sticker. Not right. Terrible in snow or slick surfaces even w/traction control, & even after replacing odd size OEM tires with better tires. Feels like you're "slipping" when braking over potholes. Can be scary. Disappointed had to learn to drive like a lil'ol granny to feel somewhat safe in this vehicle. Though driving this slowly reaps 52-54 mpg during spring & summer months. Probably a very good car if one lives in hot, dry climate but not New England.

most displeased
By dlo on 01/28/10 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Highly dangerous car in snow and ice and rain. If there is the slightest skid the car brakes lock and you cant steer it so you just hope there is no oncoming traffic till it comes to a stop. CAr has done 360 and gone into soft shoulders in minimal snow conditions. Now it accelerates whenever i go over the smallest hole or skid. I believe it should be incl in recall as sudden acceleration is more frequent. I am most displeased with the vehicle. At dealership was told if is excellent car for good weather conditions and that I should have a backup vehicle for NY winters. It never got the sticker mileage and only gets 42mpg. It takes inordinate time for the heater to turn on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.