2002 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Wheee!

2002 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

By suze on

2002 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Love this car! The new technology is very exciting and fun. My actual mileage has been closer to 45mpg than 52mpg, but I think that is par for the course. I have not had one problem with this car. My main concern when I went to see it was: how would it perform? and the answer is great. Good pick-up, cruises at 65mph no sweat, handles easily. Interior very comfortable, even on several hundred miletrips. Comfortably seats 4 adults. One caveat: The hybrid engine read out on the dashboard is so cool to watch, When I first had the car, I almost rear ended someone!

The aforementioned dash hybrid readout. The way the car starts: the engine doesn't turnover, it just turns on. The digital speed indicator. The oh so comfy seats. But, my very favorite feature is not polluting the environment.

The radio is badly designed: it hard to change stations while driving. This car should come standard with a CD player. The wierd dash mounted gear selector obscures some dash controls for other things, like the radio.