2001 Toyota Prius Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (54 reviews )
2001 Toyota Prius
By jmarr on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What first hooked me on this vehicle is when the salesman moved the car forward and backward with no engine sound. The 2nd thing is the car's ability to go up into the mountains on I-70 from Denver to the Eisentower Tunnel while maintaining the speed limit and carrying 4 people. I had one problem, a faulty accelerator sensor. Have had no problems since. Gas mileage is below the quoted amount - Overall mileage averaging @ 41 mph.

One great car.
By tigkoly on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my Prius on Sept. 30, 2000. I have a one way drive to work of 60 miles and currently have just over 52,000 miles. I drive 74 mph back and forth to work every day and even at that speed have plenty of acceleration when I want it. The gas milage is great. I have saved about 490 gallons of gas compared to a car that gets 28 miles per gallon. I drive almost exclusively on the highway and I get right at 38 mpg @ 74 mph. The only bad thing I can say about this car is that the front end is so short that I get alot of chips on the hood from road debris. That is the only bad thing this car has to offer.

Great Little Tardus
By GOCS on 03/17/02 22:55 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The first thing that amazed me was getting inside--very roomy, though it looks small from the outside. It's a very light car, so performance depends upon the weight in the vehicle. But even with 4 people, it has plenty of getup and go. Full of gadgets. Great car. The fact that it is a hybrid just makes it that much better

THE FUTURE
By hdf69 on 02/26/02 11:16 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A wonderful car.It has 27000 miles on it now ,MPG 45-50 all the time.Had one recall,handled right away.We use it on the interstate quite often,will do 70-80 MPH all day.Plenty of power for passing.