2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Perfect first car
By tu2010 on 02/09/10 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year as my first car and love every minute driving it. It's a fun little car to drive with a peppy gas pedal. Very comfortable, spacious, gas mileage is not as great(30mpg). Had many near accidents and the brakes saved my life. I drive very rough with this car but hasn't fallen apart yet. I get a lot of compliments on the color. (It's light green)Plan to have it for the next 6-7 years. Would definitely recommend this to ALL college students or anyone's choice for their first car.

06 Corolla S
By Big O on 01/30/10 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 02 Chevy pickup for this 06 Corolla. We leased it for 0% and then bought it after 36 months for $8900.00. We have 58000 miles on it and it has never failed even at 30 below zero. Some things I thought they (Toyota) would change with the 2010, more interior lights, lighted ignition,better radio. We drive 30 plus miles ever day 7 days a week. We love 30 plus miles per gallon,good ride,nice room inside,good heater. We have had not one thing go wrong, just put gas and oil in it. Toyota Quality!!

Great Little Car
By Mike on 01/22/10 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in New Mexico and driven this car in every condition possible and every terrain imaginable. Great little car that is comfortable, reliable, and gets outstanding gas mileage. Only had one minor problem and that has been with the headlights. One in particular goes out about every 12 months.

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88 on 01/07/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy on 11/12/09 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Rolla not for tall people
By ROLLA on 10/21/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car and could brag about it for days when it comes to styling, reliability and gas mileage. Here is a list of things I hate about it. The driver's seat does not go back enough. No standard cruise and the standard wipers lack intermittent feature other cars have. The biggest thing is that stupid buzzer for no seat belt. How many times do you get rolling before getting the belt on or want to make a quick stop so you take the belt off before stopping. That stupid buzzer noise drives me nuts. I have driven many cars over the years both newer and older and none of them irritate me like this one.

2006 Toyota Corolla LE
By K on 10/15/09 01:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. It has never given me any problems. Only routine maintenance. I love the great fuel economy especially because of high fuel costs. It also handles much better than even the Mustang. My Corolla handles better at 100mph that the Mustang at 75. I love my car and was glad I invested in it

Great mileage and reliability
By happy2own on 10/14/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The S model is a fun car to drive with great mileage on long trips (up to 41). It gets better mileage than my old 96 with more power. The 5 speed transmission is not the smoothest shifter I've owned but it makes the car seem more powerful. The exterior looks sporty with the body kit, spoiler, and fog lights. The interior has nice build quality and the trunk size is more than proficient. No mechanical problems at all. I've never been to the shop since I change my own oil. I would definitely recommend.

A great car to have
By JR on 09/28/09 00:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Corolla for almost 2 years now, and I must say, I enjoy driving this car. Power isn't the best, but its enough to do what you have to do. Ride quality is good. Highway driving is what I think the Corolla is bred for. Its quiet and gets you from point a to b without draining your pockets. I would suggest, if equipped, use the cruise control. It helps the car perform and keeps the speed maintained without hesitation. To get the best out of this, use 93 oct. fuel. Although it costs more, it's really worth it.

Not impressed
By Wikoff7 on 08/06/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a lightly used, low mileage Corolla S rental return in Feb, 2006. Mechanically, the car has been fine, mileage good, but the paint quality is poor and the road noise is terrible. Toyota quality is going downhill. I have owned several Toyotas, but this is the the last one I will ever buy, unless Toyota significantly improves quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.