Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Used to be a VW fan
By Fran G

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With minimal care these Corolla's easily reach 200,000 plus miles My third and forth Corolla's are in the driveway a 2004 and a 2015 both 5 speeds CE models.
The 2004 has 179,000 miles on it now and the 2015 has less then 10,000. Maintenance has been done faithfully by me according to Toyota's schedule. The only additional money spent on repairs has been as follows: 1 AC clutch relay, 1 set of rear axle bearings, I have put a new water pump and alternator brushes in at 160,000 didn't fail I just do my own preventive maintenance. Total extra cost was less then $100 dollars. The plastic like others say are failing on unimportant things. However the economy , reliability, and performance are the same as the day it was new. The front end is still tight, the clutch grabs like the day it was new and it starts first time every time six or more times a day seven days a week since November 2003. Thank you Toyota. To be fair the rear axle bearing failed because I used the car as a pickup truck and hauled 1000 lbs of tile from store to home. I fix my own stuff so it was just was a lesson learned.

Easily the best car I've ever owned
By Steve

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla model S that I bought brand new. This is, without a doubt, the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever purchased. I've paid two or three times as much for vehicles that don't last anywhere near as long, and cost way more to maintain.

My Energizer Bunny - Toyota Corolla
By Janie

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Drive it first. The noise level is pretty high. That said, things that matter more to me are this car's strong suits. The gas mileage is phenomenal. It is STILL getting 32 or so mpg, and we drive back roads more than highways. It's got a lot of miles, but just goes and goes and goes. We do maintain the oil changes religiously. We were told not to bother tuning it up as long as the mileage is so good, so we'll do one when/if that starts to fall. We did replace the belt (there's only one for everything). It didn't cost that much. We've kept good tires on it. If you care for it, it'll care for you.

NO MORE TOYOTAS
By J.Robbin and Teresa Hajek

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our Corolla is sitting in the driveway with the hood up,AGAIN.Won't start ,new fuel pump not working (this is the third pump in less than 130,000 miles)Relay,pump, ECU?Mechanic getting balder.Dvd quit working,engine light always on/off/on.Airbag light on.Dealer has us on a list to replace recalled airbag(it's been several months now,no word)Dealership deaf,no help.ECU indicated transmission problems,mechanic says transmission is OKAY,ECU faulty.Dealership says our car only on recall for the airbag.Moisture in right front headlamp.Some plastic interior parts broken.My wife says NO MORE TOYOTAS.

Love my 'Yota!!
By Sandy Snide

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla CE new in 07/2006. 134,000+ miles on it and engine and AT still great! Other than regular maintenance, I've only had to replace a wheel bearing, brake caliper, shoes and pads, and front rotors. Of course, here in Maine we have lots of frost heaves and potholes to break for so I guess that explains it. My baby goes great in snow with all season radials and I've never gotten stuck anywhere except in my yard when we had 6 inches of crust. Love the roomy trunk! Recently, the clock works only intermittently and is driving me nuts, but I guess I can deal with that. I was nearly T-boned by a Jeep one day but floored it and got almost out of his way. He hit me on the back of the rear passenger side fender/bumper. I was surprised to see that the only damage to my car was a small piece broken out of the bumper. Gas mileage is great! Tires seem to wear fast even with regular rotation, but that may just be the tires. I honestly expect I'll get well over 300,000 miles out of this car, which I purchased for Toyota's reliability and longevity. I do wish the paint was better though - it chips very easily. All in all, it's a great car and I would recommend this car to anyone!