Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Best sedan in size and quality
By Jake

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 Legacy in mid 2007 and it has been hands down the best vehicle I've owned. Its hard to find a high quality sedan that's not too large. The interior is quiet and materials are superior to others. The design is perfect - everything is proportional, unlike so many new sedans that look "different" to get attention. I always buy new cars and this is the first one to go the first 20k miles without even one tiny, minor little thing to look into. It's been fantastic and I'll definitely buy another.

Go anywhere, do anything. Not worried about losing traction, getting stuck when in the mountains, rainstorms, snowstorms, etc. It's like having a small SUV in a sedan package.

The transmission isn't as smooth shifting as some competitors

Best buy for the buck
By Corey

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Subaru Legacy 2.5l boxer engine has to be one of the better small size engines on the market today. Besides delivering almost 30 mpg on the high way it can pack a little punch if pushed to its limits. It's more fun to drive than anything I test drove (which included Toyota awd matrix, Nissan altima, Honda accord). The all wheel drive is superb. Anything from heavy rains to deep snow is no match for the symmetric all wheel drive. Last its not cheap by any means but for what you get it is one hell of a deal.

Electro-illuminescent gauges add a european flare and give the car a more refined feel. The seats hold you in place.

Place a thin stripping on top of the window to better protect it possibly leaking into the car or potentially breaking the glass itself

Poor man's Audi
By sam

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for Colorado. Does great in the snow and I get good MPG. I can chase BMW Xis and Audi A4s all day to the ski resorts, I might not be as fast as they are, but I can handle all the sludge on the road with easy and knowing that I can buy 2 Subarus for the price of one BMW or Audi it makes me smile when i park next to them. Great everyday car at a price that doesn't make you hate yourself every month! I think it will hold its value better as well! I'm getting 27 mpg with a space box on the roof. Would recommend this car to anybody that needs AWD!

AWD! Great fit and finish! It's the best looking Subaru yet!

Better radio. Wish I could get a 6-speed!

Stealth AWD sedan
By Sleepy

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Spec B is a great low profile performance sedan. The Euros can't match the performance or reliability for the money. Add snow tires (the stock Bridgestones are summer only) for winter and you have an unstoppable all season sport sedan. Having owned a Mercedes C230 and a BMW 328i, I can say the Subaru is much more fun to drive.

AWD, Turbo boxer engine.

Bluetooth

Drove in snow for first time!
By Granby

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just drove my Legacy that I bought in April in snow for the first time and it is unbelievable! My driveway had over a foot of snow in the driveway and I just plowed right through it! Can't put a price on that. I've been very pleased with this car since the day I bought it, but seeing it perform in these conditions makes me LOVE this car.

AWD