2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
2008 Legacy 70000 miles later
By Ed on 01/12/10 17:07 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third subaru. I had two imprezas before this one and I got to say I am pretty happy with the car. I live in Florida and I rarely ever see anyone else with the car. Never had a problem with it, just changed the oil and brakes, thats it.

Great all weather vehicle
By afwx33 on 12/23/09 22:22 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500 miles a week between Wyoming and Colorado and needed something that got good gas mileage and could handle the winter weather. On the highway I average 29-30 mpg which is a little above what the sticker suggests. The car is great in the snow and can make it through almost anything. The base motor is a little weak compared to the turbo motor but I bought this car for efficiency. I have 35,000 miles on the car and it has only been to the dealer for oil changes. Very reliable!

"Sub" impressive
By Steve on 12/17/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new. First disappointment was how big the combination key/remote is. Won't fit in my pocket. Then I found out the TPMS must be programmed by the $ dealer each time I put my snow tire rims on. I traded in the car after 18 months and 17,000 miles because the suspension is so stiff I could not take it any longer. Wind noise is awful. The engine was very rough and loud while the car was not moving. Trim on the driver door started falling off. 4 screws fell off the armrest and it fell apart. Hardly any heat would reach my feet. Annoying loud beeping sound when the trunk was opened. Way too small of a car for a six feet tall person. Seats stained from rainwater. Oh I could go on and on.

Great Car!
By Rambo on 10/06/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. No regrets on my purchase. Car feels and looks much more expensive then it is. Gotten into some sticky driving situations and it handled awesome. Can hardly wait for the snow.

The best kept secret, Suburu!
By Theodore on 09/02/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota and Honda is the only thing my wife had ever driven. But unlike myself she is utterly terrified of driving in the snow. She refused the idea of an SUV and neither Honda or Toyota offers an AWD alternative. I suggested a Suburu Legacy and she reluctantly test drove the Legacy 2.5I SE. She was hooked within the first 5 miles although we drove it another 50 before returning to the dealership. But the story doesn't end there. The snow would be the real test, after all, the AWD was the main reason for the purchase. Well, after 11 trips in mild to heavy snow she was convinced this was the best purchase she ever made in her life. Yup, in her life. Wow... For that she gives it a perfect ten!

Very happy...
By Mike on 08/30/09 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased two years ago, drive ~15,000 miles a year. Do mostly highway driving and average 26mpg. Zero maintenance issues so far. Very happy with the purchase, has certainly proven herself sure footed in all weather conditions. In fact I bought a 2009 Legacy for my wife a year later.

Great Price and Value, Love it
By Nate on 08/11/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This has been a great car for the past year. Very clean look and feels great on the road.

Best car I have ever owned
By Tommyo on 07/23/09 23:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Legacy with 6400 miles on it. The dealer told me it was a program car and that an executive from Subaru headquarters in Mass drove it. Come to find out it was a rental car. I bought this car because its safety, style, comfort, AWD, and because I did not want to be another guy driving in a cookie cutter car (Camry, Accord). This car has good pick up same as Camry, Accord. Same MPG too darn good for AWD. The Subie suspension is great. Nice balance of ride and handling. The boxer engine also is silky smooth and sounds good too. A boxer engine the pistons are horizontally opposed. Same as Porsche boxer design has lower center of gravity better handling, best value for its class.

Sold on Subaru
By rich man on 07/15/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Subaru because I like the performance & handling of a German car but wanted the reliability & value of a Japanese car. I got exactly that. The only problem in two years has been a dash rattle that the dealer fixed with a foam jam (I know, but it's not a luxury brand). It would be nice to get over 30 mpg's, but the trade-off is outstanding traction, performance and safety. Having survived a serious accident, safety is a major concern of mine. No regrets here. This is my first Subaru and I know it will be hard to talk myself into buying anything else again.

I'm dating up!
By karl williams on 06/06/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, I almost feel guilty for driving this car. I luckily found it used because you don't see a "used" Subaru very long on the lot (especially as nice as this one) and I've been looking. I feel bad because it is soooo good. I have two friends who drive new BMW's and I can easily keep up with the Jones'. This car does everything well, including looking the part of a luxury sport sedan. Very fun to drive, handles well, and fuel economy is great for AWD. Speaking of AWD...it is wonderful in the rain..can't wait for snow. I am dating up because this car has hot looks and delivers performance even for a 4 cyl. When I tell people what I paid...they are filled with jealousy. Don't miss out!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.