Used 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Great all weather vehicle
By afwx33

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500 miles a week between Wyoming and Colorado and needed something that got good gas mileage and could handle the winter weather. On the highway I average 29-30 mpg which is a little above what the sticker suggests. The car is great in the snow and can make it through almost anything. The base motor is a little weak compared to the turbo motor but I bought this car for efficiency. I have 35,000 miles on the car and it has only been to the dealer for oil changes. Very reliable!

Favorite Features

AWD

Great Car!
By Rambo

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. No regrets on my purchase. Car feels and looks much more expensive then it is. Gotten into some sticky driving situations and it handled awesome. Can hardly wait for the snow.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

None, I got exactly what I purchased.

The best kept secret, Suburu!
By Theodore

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota and Honda is the only thing my wife had ever driven. But unlike myself she is utterly terrified of driving in the snow. She refused the idea of an SUV and neither Honda or Toyota offers an AWD alternative. I suggested a Suburu Legacy and she reluctantly test drove the Legacy 2.5I SE. She was hooked within the first 5 miles although we drove it another 50 before returning to the dealership. But the story doesn't end there. The snow would be the real test, after all, the AWD was the main reason for the purchase. Well, after 11 trips in mild to heavy snow she was convinced this was the best purchase she ever made in her life. Yup, in her life. Wow... For that she gives it a perfect ten!

Favorite Features

Sporty drive, very affordable all wheel drive!

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space.

Love this car
By blorimor

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subaru wasn't even on my radar until my friend asked me to check them out. I needed to upgrade from my 2-door Civic because we just had a kid (so my excuse is "it's for the kid" :-P). It rides great and is very safe. I got the special edition because I wanted the moon roof and I am not disappointed. I also got the manual transmission and it is very smooth in operation. My wife loves it and thinks I made a great buy. I have enjoyed the extra room and will recommend Subaru to anyone in the future.

Favorite Features

AWD, 5 star crash test rating, manual transmission, price for what you get

Suggested Improvements

None

Everything I expected and more
By Glen

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is everything I hoped it would be. It is quiet, feels tight, handles well and gets good gas mileage. It is smaller than expected inside but it is fine since I am in the car by myself 90% of the time. There is a lack of storage space but I try not to keep much junk in the car anyway. It has good acceleration performance for a 4 cylinder too. The build quality is top notch. Very pleased with it and the price was unbeatable by any of the comparably equipped competitors. Plenty of standard safety features as well.

Favorite Features

Pearl white paint looks amazing in the sun, I love the standard sunroof, MP3 CD player, 5 speed transmission, the overall style and standard side airbags.

Suggested Improvements

The headlamps should be automatic since the car has daytime running lights, door locks should auto lock once the vehicle moves and unlock when ignition is turned off, and a little more interior storage space would be nice. Stereo could be better. Very minor stuff overall.