2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Best w/ a little help.
By Wreckreation on 12/20/09 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. Upgraded from '98 legacy. Added cold air intake, computer mod and short throw shifter. Short throw shifter best addition yet. Intake and computer brought HP to 200! Great power in 25k-55k RPM. Superior in blizzard conditions with 4pp, Snowbaords and gear. Almost 100k w/ no issues. 26mpg in city driving, now in FL and AC is cold as ice, and it turns heads. Black ACR rims w/ chrome strip, adds wonderful cornering capabilities.

Great car
By Vic S on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have really enjoyed having and driving this vehicle especially in snowy and icy weather. It is comfortable, handles extremely well and corners like it was on rails. The heater warms up quickly in cold weather adding to the enjoyment of this vehicle.

Wagon Love
By Uncle Jay on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The motor went bad at 24000 miles. It was a manufacturing flaw. AWD is very nice. I have a manual and like to shift but I wish the center differential was an intelligent one like on the automatics.

Could have been great, but...
By Dr. Alif Terranson on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The performance of the 4 wheezing mice just doesn't cut it. I actually thought the car had a problem, and brought it in for service - the service manager stated that this was "just the way it is with the newer Subarus, because of the emissions control requirements". This is, of course, pure BS, as I have an even newer car (from another manufacturer) that meets emissions without this performance hit. The performance is *so* bad that I was going to upgrade to the 6cyl, unfortunately, a drive in that confirmed that this is a design issue, and not an engine size problem.

Ain't None Better, for the money
By rcpowell on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I started with a '98 GT, graduated to a '02. I miss the hood scoop and the color white, but other than that, I like the car very much. The wife puts too many miles on it, but it goes and goes and still goes some more. The kids love it, the pep, the handling, etc. That took me some what by surprise, because it is a wagon. We are just another happy family with a Subaru to get around in.

What a Car!!!!
By Twa on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about it!!! What a value

From Outback to GT
By giddyap on 03/15/02 20:21 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Through no fault of its own, a bad rollover accident in my Outback put us into the buyers market again. (lost our Outback, but we walked away) Went looking for another Subie of course! Test drove the 2002 Outback, Forrester and finally the GT. Hands down it was the GT!! With my daily commute of 90 miles (1/3 of the trip on mountain roads) I was glad to switch. The GT handles hair-pin curves and tight situations beautifully. Don't test drive a GT if you don't want to own one.