One Year Old Now
By Randy on
2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've had my Impreza Outback Sport for a year now. The ride and responsiveness of this vehicle is superb for a smaller car. Interior room and comfort is wonderful, and road noise is minimal. Truly a wonderful vehicle. The only thing this car suffers from is a very poor quality paint. After only six months it had literally dozens of large 1/4" paint chips on the hood and roof, and every time I looked there seemed to be more. Fortunately, Subaru is backing up their product, and it is going in for a new paint job on the hood and roof tomorrow. I wish they would paint the entire vehicle just to make sure the rest of the paint on the car is ok too, but I don't thing that is going to happen.
Favorite Features
Handling, comfort, quiet ride. Heated seats, heated windshield, heated mirrors. Great headlights for night driving visibility. Winter driving still feels like its still summer, lol (this car goes great in snow). And the removable roof rack versatility is WONDERFUL. I've traveled with two kayaks on.
Suggested Improvements
Better quality paint, and better quality paint application. When I got the car, the paint was not as glassy smooth as it should be (orange peel appearance), and the paint on the hood and roof chipped without reason and the chipped areas would continue to get larger over time. I still love the car.