2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Love my new Subaru Forester

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

Love my new Subaru Forester
By pdxlover on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven two Honda Accords with manual transmission for the past 10-15 years.
I decided I wanted an automatic and a bigger car for safety.
I was torn between the Mazda CX5 and this Suburu Forester.
Both were great drives and great looking!
One of the reasons I chose the Subaru is the EyeSight technology although I have to admit I thought it had the extra feature of letting me know when there was someone in my blind spot (a feature of the Mazda).
When I got it, I realized it did not, but still preferred the power liftgate (not on the Mazda) and the peppier engine.
I have no buyer's remorse tho and love this car! (Plus my friends are jealous.)

OK, it's been 3 years now. I am still in love with my Subaru. I take trips to the beach every other week (70 miles) and it a dream to drive through the forests. The huge windows make the drive safe and easy to see in all directions, not to mention the scenery. I can also pass slower drivers with ease. My passengers love the huge and comfortable back seat.
The ease of use is amazing - parking, backing up, steering, reaching all things needed by driver, etc. The ride is so smooth.
The only complaint I have is the GPS system seems to disappear at the worst times. When I'm looking for a destination it almost gets me there and then suddenly it's telling me I missed my turn, but never told me to turn!
I would still like the technology about cars in my blindspot which I think is coming in the next model. I'm thinking of upgrading to that if the trade in is good. The dealership called me last year to trade in because they never have enough good used models and were going to give me back almost what I paid for the car originally. I'll think about that next year.
In the meantime, I'm happy as s clam!

• Acceleration
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review