2014 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: 5,000 Mile Update

2014 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2014 Subaru Forester

2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

5,000 Mile Update
By fandango on

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Now that I've had my Forester long enough to be well acquainted, I thought I would leave an update. So far I'm impressed with the overall performance, ride, quality and features. I'm averaging just over 30mpg in 80/20 highway driving and I am quite impressed by the performance of the CVT transmission -- and I was always a manual transmission driver before this.

It's no sports car (like my old Impreza), but it is generally comfortable, smooth-riding, relatively quiet and it handles pretty well for the SUV that it is. It's an excellent family-sized vehicle and a great value.

AWD, heated seats, self-dimming mirrors, smooth quiet ride, external visibility, CVT transmission performance, Blue Tooth performance, gas mileage, power, back-up camera, tinted side and rear windows

I have a minor annoyance regarding driver seating comfort. When driving in a relaxed position with my left leg resting against the door, my knee hits a sharp corner, and I can't avoid it by adjusting the seat. The seat provides no side cushion support, so when going through corners, I find my leg pressing against the door for support, and after awhile this actually hurts. The front seats in a Forester are smaller and less supportive than the seats in an Impreza, and this is unfortunate. The "angle of approach" is too low for a vehicle of this type. (The CrossTrek is slightly worse.) It practically assures nose-dragging in rough situations and makes the vehicle look "jowly" and nose-heavy.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review